• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Shipping Time From Poland?

Lone_Wolfe

Mrs G.
Platinum Member
Who here has sent or received a package between Poland and the US? I bought a Mnandi on November 17th, it's not here yet. Should I be concerned, or is this normal?

Last edited:
What manner was it shipped ? Normal airmail from the US to me here (not priority/express etc - and I am not Poland) can take 3-4 weeks but normally 2. If it is simple airmail, given the time of year, I think it should be close to you though I would not yet be having kittens ;):D about it's no show as yet.

I bought from Finland and Sweden once. I have also ordered frpm Hong Kong. Sweden was barely a week, Finland and Hong Kong both took arouns 3 weeks.

I don't know if that gives any insight to your situation or not. It could get stuck in customs for a while.

I bought a fixed blade from Jamall, he's in Poland. It took two weeks for the knife to show up at my house.
With this being a busy time for any mail service, it may take an extra week. After that, start to worry ;)
Hopefully it will show up soon.

It was shipped using EMS, and tracking shows "Package sent from Poland 2016-11-22 03:03 WER Warszawa".

It can easily sit in customs for a week or more without an update...I've shipped many a time to Poland as well as received no worries yet....

I shipped a pocket knife from the US to Slovenia recently. Took about 3 weeks.

I got two knives from Bulgaria, one took 8 days the next 5 days. On the other hand I sent a Priority Envelope from Washington State to Texas, and it took 13 days to get there (one day was a holiday). When I get stuff from Finland it is normally about 2 weeks. John

Bound to be longer during this time of year. Customs can be a real pest, I had a knife replacement coming from the US to here in Finland that spent a whole MONTH in Chicago before being processed and put on the plane to Europe!!! Aaarghh!

I bought a knife from a guy in Poland. It took about 3 weeks to arrive. I recall I was able to track with USPS once the package entered the USPS postal stream.

It's the holidays. Postal systems are under heavy load right now. Delays will occur.

I've had packages from Poland take anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 weeks. Sitting around in customs waiting to clear takes up most of the time.

Packages from Europe are piling up at JFK.

I had one from Finland and one from Poland, and they both sat at JFK before customs for over two weeks. USPS denies this but is lying per a USPS disgusted employee and per the Finn and Polish postal service.

I have the Finnish mail label and it is dated 11/14/16 NOT 12/02/16 as USPS claims. Finns say it got to NYC on 11/16 unless the plane crashed and they think they would have heard about that by 12/01 when I talked to them in Helsinki.

USPS says the Polish package (also from Warsaw like yours) reached NYC on 12/02, was still awaiting a shipping label in Warsaw on 12/05, AND arrived at NYC on 12/06, where it was processed through facility and cleared customs that day. Then it supposedly took three days to get to Cleveland main PO 44101 (I am just east of Cleveland metro area.). Then they sent it to Chicago 60606. Then Chicago METRO HUB. Now it's somewhere. They are "so sorry but mistakes happen." Not to mention lies.

Both packages were International Priority Mail.

Welcome to "third world" postal service.

I regularly buy fly fishing books and supplies from the UK.

I have noticed my last 3 orders from various shops have taken about a week longer than normal. Starting mid November.

Last Royal mail small parcel took 10 days from arrival at JFK to leaving Syracuse USPS facility. Which for some reason seems to be where many of my packages tend to go through. Heathrow transit point also taking 3-4 days longer

Hi,

I ship knives from Poland because I live here.
It usually takes two weeks for delivery.
The fastest took 7 days the longest 58 days ;)
But NEVER happened that it was lost.

Once I wrote on package the Canadian address with USA as a country of delivery.
Imagine how I was suprised that IT WAS DELIVERED to Canada (first went to USA)

So be patient - It will be delivered no matter of time.

Regards

Adam

UPDATE
After my package from Poland (left Warsaw 11/17/16) was misdirected 300 kiles the wrong way to Chicago Metro Hub, it left that location four times according to USPS:
12/12/16 USPS Tracking says package departed CHICAGO METRO HUB at 11:23 PM on 12/12/16 "in transit to destination"
12/13/16 USPS Tracking says package in transit to destination
12/14/16 USPS Tracking says package in transit to destination
12/15/16 USPS Tracking says package in transit to destination
12/16/16 USPS Tracking says package departed CHICAGO METRO HUB December 16, 2016 10:35 AM

12/16/16 called Postal Regulatory Commission. "No representative is available"

12/17/16 USPS Tracking says package departed CHICAGO METRO HUB December 17, 2016 5:57 AM
12/17/16 USPS Tracking says package departed CHICAGO METRO HUB December 17, 2016 6:17 AM

I nominate USPS Tracking for the Nebula Award for best science fiction of the year.

Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America
Nebula Award Committee
C/O Terra LeMay, Nebula Awards Commissioner

I have been an avid reader of Science Fiction for over sixty-five years (starting with I Robot from the Santa Ana Library) and, so, I suggest the following with no disrespect.

Is it possible to nominate USPS Tracking for the Nebula Award for best Science Fiction or Fantasy for 2017? USPS Tracking is almost wholly fantasy and is certainly more fiction than fact. I just had the same parcel arrive at NY twice, leave Chicago four times, and arrive in Cleveland three times.

A public announcement of the nomination would be a public service, as would be loaded passenger rockets to Venus.

Respectfully,

Thomas Linton

I've had packages from Poland take anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 weeks. Sitting around in customs waiting to clear takes up most of the time.

This. Most packages from the US reach me within a couple weeks. Righr now I have an Umnumzaan stuck in LA customs for 9 days and counting...

32 days and counting and now USPS can't find it. I can call tomorrow to see if they can find it.

At that rate you could've gone by ship to France, walked to Poland and been back home with it!:eek::D:eek:

Good luck though, I nearly gave up on my packet stuck in Chicago for a month (doing what???)

Ahhhhh yes.... my recent package from Ohio sat in Chicago for a couple of days....then to Sydney.... then TOKYO ...and now back in Sydney....... LOL

Back