Shop tour

Hello friends.

I am moving out to Idaho soon for a new job and will be making a trip to the the CRK shop this fall. I’m greatly looking forward to the tour and to see and meet the great folks who construct my favorite knives.

For those of you who have been out that way, can you take a minute to share your experience and insights for the experience, and what were the best moments you got out of it?

Thanks in advance!

Best.

Andrew

I did the tour last year. For me the best part was spending some time with the people behind the knives. You can watch the BladeHQ video all day long and see the machines and processes, but being there and the back and forth banter between you and your guide, wether it is Anne or Tim, is not something that you will forget. I am already planning my next trip.

I did the tour last year. For me the best part was spending some time with the people behind the knives. You can watch the BladeHQ video all day long and see the machines and processes, but being there and the back and forth banter between you and your guide, wether it is Anne or Tim, is not something that you will forget. I am already planning my next trip.

That’s great to hear. I was wondering about how accesible everyone would be. I’m really excited to see some of the steps of the process in person and meet the people who make my favorite knives.

Thanks for the insights.

I lived vicariously through RyanRaben RyanRaben 's tour (video on Facebook). It was great and very informative. They are not shy about sharing how they do what they do.

That’s great to hear. I was wondering about how accesible everyone would be. I’m really excited to see some of the steps of the process in person and meet the people who make my favorite knives.

Thanks for the insights.

I have been through there a time or two and blanco112 blanco112 is spot on about sharing. They walk you through the plant and explain what is running on the machines as they come to them and explain a little about the process as they go. Well worth the tour, especially with the price of admission.

What part of Idaho are you moving to if I may ask?

I lived vicariously through RyanRaben RyanRaben 's tour (video on Facebook). It was great and very informative. They are not shy about sharing how they do what they do.

Hey Blanco. Thanks for the answer. I don’t have Facebook, but I’m sure it’s a great video. I look forward to seeing them in person and watching the magic happen. I grew up in my dad’s water plants and have great appreciation for the manufacturing process.

I have been through there a time or two and blanco112 blanco112 is spot on about sharing. They walk you through the plant and explain what is running on the machines as they come to them and explain a little about the process as they go. Well worth the tour, especially with the price of admission.

What part of Idaho are you moving to if I may ask?

Hey Bill. Thanks for the response. I’m looking forward to the tour. A colleague of mine is doing a conference in Boise, and I’m going to spend a few days there.

I’m moving to Pocatello for a teaching job. It’s beautiful country and am looking forward to it.

I’ll be passing through Boise in September and am hoping to drag my wife to the CRK factory. I’m really hoping to have saved enough to pick up something there. She’s been good enough to visit Spyderco with me twice but she does not enjoy it.

I will be going through Boise in September as well and hope the wife lets me make a pit stop at CRK!

Back