Shopping Spree

I'm your typical old story here on BFC, previous folder addict who got clean. Tidied the collection down to 10> blades and left the game.

The hobbyist in me never died, but relocated to other hobbies. Guns, gear, watches etc. Upon revisiting knives, my folder addiction tendencies have truly subsided.

One category I haven't fully delved into nor rounded out is fixed blades.

I've long owned an ESEE 4 & 6.

Recently I was on the hunt for a small fixed blade for edc and landed on the White River Backpacker. I love it thus far! With that said it of course spiked my curiosity for other esteemed edc fixed blades.

Upon research here and through other sources...

En route: CRKT Hunt'N Fisch and Bradford Guardian 3

I've been given the taste of blood and I'm now eager to see what I like and don't like from these three similar, but very different fixed edc options.

I don't even have to ask. I know there are others out there who binge buy to sample and keep or to catch and release.

Once an addict always an addict, but you can tame the beast.

I switched over to Fixed blades from folders from traditionals, and its truly over for my bank account!

I went almost 10 years without buying a thing----in the last 2-3 years I've probably picked up a good 20 or so-----not counting the $4 Walmart knives and a couple of those are actually pretty decent---esp. considering the price.

It just never ends.

I have a small fixed blade itch as well. My current favorite scratch is the esee izula in both 1095 and stainless. I like these with TKC handles and have them stashed in multiple kits and glove boxes.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I went almost 10 years without buying a thing----in the last 2-3 years I've probably picked up a good 20 or so-----not counting the $4 Walmart knives and a couple of those are actually pretty decent---esp. considering the price.

It just never ends.
That's an incredible gap! Can't say the same. Even 20 over 3 years isn't too crazy for most addicts on here. But justification by such means shouldn't be accounted. Haha

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I have a small fixed blade itch as well. My current favorite scratch is the esee izula in both 1095 and stainless. I like these with TKC handles and have them stashed in multiple kits and glove boxes.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
I had a 1095 izula years ago, but ended up selling it due to lack of use. Happy to see all the stainless EDC options today!

One for every corner. Prepper and convenience mentality gets expensive quick! I participate in a similar manner.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Tidied the collection down to 10> blades and left the game.

It does my black little heart good to see your fall from grace :) I've been on a downsizing kick and was proud of selling off around 4 dozen folders. My proud-of-myself moment lasted until I made the mistake of counting how many I had left. Only about 4 dozen. Fortunately I don't have that many fixed blades. At least I don't think I do. Probably no more than a couple dozen. That isn't counting choppers, of course. They fall into an entirely different category.

Back