Shot Show 2020 Line Up

I'm really diggin' the Tengu, though it's not something I need to rush out and buy right away. Also, ever since the new Bailout was released I've been thinking of a excuse to "need" it, but I'm still on the fence as to whether it's worth it to me. I can't, for the life of me, understand the desire for a smaller Bugout (no offense, personal preference), but I know people were asking for it so it's good to hear they were listening. Plus white and orange are cool.

Definitely interested in the mini bugout. Blade length is 87% of the original, but weight is only only 81% at only 1.5oz for a 2.82" blade. That is a crazy lightweight offering. I am also interested to feel how the CF-Elite handles on the new 535BK-2 compared to the original grivory (which I am not a fan of).

I like the Bailout - at first I thought it was an Emerson collaboration;like a cqc-7 blade, a commander handle and a BM axis lock - that looks to be a winner.

best

mqqn

The new Bailout is a win. I'm not personally a tanto fan but I liked the overall package enough to preorder it.

The smaller Bugouts aren't for me. For people who love a smaller knife or have knife laws that's probably a win.

The titanium 940 is cool and a great piece to commemorate it's 20th anniversary.

The Tengu is neat. Not something that interests me necessarily but it's good that Benchmade is trying new things.

Not sure how to feel about the CF Elite yet. Would like to try something with it in the future but lately I'm mainly rocking tool steels in folders. Not sure I want to spend the coin to try it on an s30v blade.

I'm glad the Presidio series is still around. The 575, in particular, is a favorite of mine and I was kind of mystified when it was discontinued. I'm interested in this version with the new scale material. Should be just as beefy (assuming it still has the full liners), but lighter, grippier and probably won't suck the heat from my hand in cold weather.

I like the size of the 533 and will have to check it out, but the aesthetics of the two models don't do much for me.

Can't carry autos in my state.

That Tengu looked interesting until I saw it was a liner lock.

Huge fan of 940s. How limited is the new one?

I'm glad the Presidio series is still around. The 575, in particular, is a favorite of mine and I was kind of mystified when it was discontinued. I'm interested in this version with the new scale material. Should be just as beefy (assuming it still has the full liners), but lighter, grippier and probably won't suck the heat from my hand in cold weather.

I like the size of the 533 and will have to check it out, but the aesthetics of the two models don't do much for me.

Can't carry autos in my state.

That Tengu looked interesting until I saw it was a liner lock.

Huge fan of 940s. How limited is the new one?

I think they are making 2000 of the titanium 940.

He said the "MSRP of the 940-1." MAP On that is around $270USD. So for an extra $70 over the 940-1, you get Ti scales instead of CF. Up the the individual if the extra coin for Ti scales is worth it.

Fwiw, a quick search of Google shows aftermarket Ti scales are around the $90-$100USD for the 940 (for a set of plain scales).

Edit: spelling/grammar

I have and like all of the 940 models but I like the CF the least because it's blade-heavy. Love CF...don't love blade heavy. Love s90 so the TI should be perfect (for me).

They need to bring back the 805 and 806 in 20CV even if it’s just a limited run.

Definitely interested in the mini bugout. Blade length is 87% of the original, but weight is only only 81% at only 1.5oz for a 2.82" blade. That is a crazy lightweight offering. I am also interested to feel how the CF-Elite handles on the new 535BK-2 compared to the original grivory (which I am not a fan of).

I found this review which might help you out.

Back