• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Should DocBart be allowed back?

After the numerous problems he has caused to our friends {fellow members} - I wouldn't let him back in my house if he was knocking at the front door. DaveAZ

Spark,

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I don't care either way </font>

Maybe you should! Integrity is not just something one claims to have... Let's hear your definition of "banned"...

Respectfully,
Michael

------------------
He who has smelt the smoke is never free again...

I really like what I am seeing here. What I am seeing is that people value a person's reputation more than a good/killer deal. The fact that this person is supposedly a physician makes the sting of "dishonor" all the more sharp. The idea that your reputation will follow a person no matter how many aliases are generated, has a satisfying feel to it. I'm not saying that forgiveness is not possible but the longer that a wrong is ignored, the more penance is required to make amends. At this point, in my humble opinion, to make good on his original deals is not enough. There must be recompensation for the insult of not dealing honorably.

I have had no deals with DocBart but after reading the responses to this thread (and then the subsequent trouble that DocBart has caused since) it is my opinion that he NOT be allowed to return to the Forums. A Forum Family such as this can expect some challanges on a day to day basis, but to invite trouble upon itself would not be wise. Honor, Value, Respect, Trust.... that is what is important Just MHO.

------------------
-------------------------
Marine Sniper Motto:
There's no use Running, you'll only Die Tired!

I believe that Docbart should not be allowed back.

------------------
Although it does not mindfully keep guard in the small mountain fields, the scarecrow does not stand in vain
Bukkoku

I had a deal with him a while back on the other forum. Yes, there was a virus. But I've gotten it from others on here also.
The virus is the Wscript.KaKworm and it attaches itself to e-mail as an invisible attachment. I helped him get rid of it, as I have a few others on here. The knife deal went fine.

His alleged bad dealings were before my time, but don't blame anyone for that virus, it's REAL sneaky.

When I said I don't care if he comes back or not, I meant it - I don't care. What I do care is if he is going to be ripping off BladeForums.com members, and in general detracting from the community that we have here.

DocBart hasn't burned me - so I have no personal experience to draw from on him. That is the reason behind my ambivalence; that's why I'm asking your opinions. If you guys feel that he's worth having back, we'll let him back - but judging from the responses thus far, it's seeming like this is a remote possibility at best.

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com

Insert witty quip here

I give him a big thumbs down.
Why should we have to give him another chance,It seems that he has had chances enough.I know I would never deal with him in fear of him not really changing his evil ways.

I say NAY and off with his head.

------------------
Danbo, soul brother of Rambo

Well, many have good points, but think about it this way. It seems as though he wants to come back as a legit member...to make his presence known as Docbart. He could always switch to a free ISP and re-register, and we'd never know the difference. It seems that the only major benefit of having forum access to someone who only wants to buy / sell, is the fact that they can sell much, more easily. It affects trading / buying very little in fact. If he were allowed to come back, it'd be more obvious to everyone who they are really dealing with, and they could form an opinion of their own. Take their own precautions. I know it's Spark's job to "protect" us forumites from getting "taken", but he can't do that if Doc were to register under a different name. All we'd have then, is an address. I'm not pushing one way or the other, I just thought I'd add my 2 cents, to see how everyone else felt. Seems to me, it'd be "safer" if everyone knew who Doc was, and his history, not to mention his current standings, which judging by my thread, doesn't seem to be all bad. Maybe Doc could post his feelings, apologies, explainations, and square-up with anyone who feels he still owes them? Again, I'm just trying to contribute to the good of this section of the forums.

Sorry if anyone who has been "ripped-off" feels like I'm full of it. You may be right, if it were me, I very well may have felt the same way. I've been "taken" before (not on the forums) and it not so easy to swallow. I'd only say "consider it..." IF Doc has made "good" on his past dealings.

BTW, I understand where you guys are coming from when you say honor and integrity mean everything here...I've been trying for the last 2 years to earn these things, as well as a respectible reputation because here, it really is all you have. I respect any decision the masses make on this matter.

-AR

[This message has been edited by Jackyl (edited 12-08-2000).]

Jackyl,

I see your point but most forumites that are aware of Docbart's (?Dr. Bob) dealings are very wary of any dealings with anyone from Victoria, TX. I'm sorry if any in Victoria suffered any negative reputation because of Docbart's actions but he has changed his ISP and his forum names (but the vigilant forumite has divined this in the past but its not that easy to change where he lives...even if he did, it would be kind of ridiculous to move to another place just so you can rip off people of their knives.

I haven't dealt with DocBart and I certainly never will after reading what's been posted here. The opinion seems to be nay, and I don't think that's unfair. All I really want to add is if DocBart is allowed back, he should be required to use the same handle, so he can be identified.

On second thought, if someone were banned for getting angry and flaming people, and promised never to do it again, I could see accepting them back on a probationary status. But if somebody rips people off, as it seems that DocBart has, I say no-go. There's not many worse things that someone can do here, and I have no sympathy for him. There's a lot of good knife knuts out there, do we need people like DocBart on our forum?

------------------
Jason aka medusaoblongata
-----------------------
"I have often laughed at the weaklings who call themselves kind because they have no claws"

- Zarathustra

docbart....i have asked you privately via email and publically in this forum to quit emailing me AND to quit harrassing me.....your last email certainly was not harrassment and was informative but it was an email from you nonetheless....I AM ASKING YOU AGAIN TO QUIT EMAILING ME.....i read your email and i did receive a package from you right before i went out of town....it contained a stainless handled spyderco police with serrated blade that was as advertised nib and a crkt navajo or apache (i dont remember which and have given this away to a young collector) that too was nib as you had indicated and it too was cherry....i had traded these to you for a timberline fixed blade aviator...these knives arrived right before i went out of town for 3.5 months.....i have reviewed your email and am very glad your daughter had kept the transaction records.....a package was received in my office about 72 hours give or take a few hours right after my last email to you indicating i would be out of town and it contained the above knives and not the small sebenza.....many times the post office personnel who works my office building makes mistakes and leaves packages in the wrong office on the same floor and depending on that doctor's staff the package may not get to the correct address for a matter of days or weeks....this was not the case with the sebenza as i have asked the staff in the three other doctor's offices on my floor if that had occurred while i was out of town and also queried my staff about the same thing...all gave negative replies....docbart, i am only reporting my experience with you and if i am the only unsatisfied customer you have had so be it...i dont have a hardon to destroy you or keep you out of here....i dont get my jollies screwing up other people's lives and hobbies or businesses...i merely voiced my experience with you....let the others judge whether you should be given posting rights again or not....i personally think you doth protest too much...in my medical training we were trained to call a person who perseverates, fixates, and obsesses about something until it gets real old, pathologic and sick--in need of help....i certainly wish you would get some help....i do not have any influence on the other forum member's experiences with you...nor can i make them let you back in the forum....after reviewing the bad posts about you from this summer i am glad at least i have my trade goods and purchased goods from you and will not do any trades or purchases from you in the future....please get some help so you can get a life......feverdoc

[This message has been edited by feverdoc (edited 12-11-2000).]

Back