Should I Go Back and Buy It?

Spent this morning at a local gun show. Found a knife dealer with a new Darrel Ralph Madd Maxx, bowie blade, black finish, blade length seemed to be somewhat over 4 inches but was definitely not the 5.5" length. guy wanted $450. After looking at the Darrel Ralph website and some on-line dealers, this price is looking better. This is not the production model Cuda Max. Is this a good price?

I dont know Mike, I bought my 5.5 inch Ralph Mad Max from a forumite for $425. You might do better if you posted in the wanted section.
Either way I think you might really like the Mad Max, it is my favorite carry knife. Real slim profile, and a strong lock.
Good luck with whatever choice you make.

It's great knife. Offer him $400 and start peelling of the cash. I bet he'll go for it.

Originally posted by Scott Dog
It's great knife. Offer him $400 and start peelling of the cash. I bet he'll go for it.

True. If you waive four C-notes in front of him, he'll probably go for it.*

*Don't really waive the money at him...I was just kidding...

I found the same dealer today at a small gun show in Montgomery. The knife was the 5.5 inch Darrel Ralph, new. Offered him 400, he countered with 425, and I bought it. This was 425 out the door, sales tax included. Since the combined state, county, and city sales tax in that location is an outrageous 10%, I felt ok about the deal.

Back