1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Shoutout to SOG customer service

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by celtic11, Dec 29, 2012.

1. celtic11

celtic11

Dec 28, 2012
    SOG seems to catch a lot of flack on this board and I don't have the knife owning experience to disagree with that but I do have a positive experience to share.

I had a SOG kilowatt that I used at work. The only thing I I didn't like was the pocket clip. The kickout on the clip would constantly snag on things and the way it was designed it was very easily bent outward. I decided to remove the screw that held the clip on, which was also the pivot screw on the blade, to modify the pocket clip. I ended up overtightening the pivot screw and stripping it out. I shipped the knife to SOG with an explanation of what I did.

Three weeks later I received a package from SOG and inside was my knife, which had been cleaned, sharpened, and repaired a long with two stickers and a SOG hat. Not bad for a $35 knife.

2. dennis357

dennis357

Jan 13, 2010
    And replacement pocket clips are all free.

3. Nader E

Nader E Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Your right, they did send me out a replacment pocketclip for my vulcan. Even though I had to ask 2x for it, they still got to it

4. Insipid Moniker

Insipid Moniker Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2011
    Good to hear. I think it wouldn't take much to make them a very well thought of company and I hope that's the road they're going down.

5. pbcg

pbcg

Oct 20, 2009
    I got a very good deal on a couple of Sog Aegis. Only thing was they were in a clam pack which I hate. You have to destroy the packaging to take the knife out.

I called Sog and they sent me two appropriate Boxes for free and a couple of stickers. Got them in a few days. I thought that was very nice of them. Got a replacement clip for a Vulcan once. Sent if free of charge also.