• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Shoutout to SOG customer service

SOG seems to catch a lot of flack on this board and I don't have the knife owning experience to disagree with that but I do have a positive experience to share.

I had a SOG kilowatt that I used at work. The only thing I I didn't like was the pocket clip. The kickout on the clip would constantly snag on things and the way it was designed it was very easily bent outward. I decided to remove the screw that held the clip on, which was also the pivot screw on the blade, to modify the pocket clip. I ended up overtightening the pivot screw and stripping it out. I shipped the knife to SOG with an explanation of what I did.

Three weeks later I received a package from SOG and inside was my knife, which had been cleaned, sharpened, and repaired a long with two stickers and a SOG hat. Not bad for a $35 knife.

Your right, they did send me out a replacment pocketclip for my vulcan. Even though I had to ask 2x for it, they still got to it

Good to hear. I think it wouldn't take much to make them a very well thought of company and I hope that's the road they're going down.

I got a very good deal on a couple of Sog Aegis. Only thing was they were in a clam pack which I hate. You have to destroy the packaging to take the knife out.

I called Sog and they sent me two appropriate Boxes for free and a couple of stickers. Got them in a few days. I thought that was very nice of them. Got a replacement clip for a Vulcan once. Sent if free of charge also.

Back