Show me your Hess knives

Those whitetails are so cool. I snagged a Tiburon in black stacked leather a few days back. Need to get a pic or two of it posted in here.

My first impressions of Hess are quite positive, and holy smokes, is the factory edge on it impressive!

I really like the black stacked leather. It’s almost an instant vintage used look to the handle.

full

Hess Tiburon. In Redwood Burl, on an old redwood fence board, with redwood leaves scattered about, under a redwood tree, in Redwood City.
Can you tell I like redwoods?

Love the Tiburon. Don’t have one in Redwood Burl yet, might have to remedy that.

Beautiful knife.

So.. is anyone gonna give up their secret spot for finding recent Hess knives in stock? I’ve kept my eye out for a Tiburon or Muley for a while and they have seemed to be out everywhere I’ve checked.

So.. is anyone gonna give up their secret spot for finding recent Hess knives in stock? I’ve kept my eye out for a Tiburon or Muley for a while and they have seemed to be out everywhere I’ve checked.
The store I ordered from does not appear to be a sponsored dealer here, so I'm not going to post a website.
Since Great Eastern Cutlery makes their blade blanks, many of the GEC dealers also carry Hess knives as well. I've had good luck going through the GEC dealer list on their website, being sure to check the smaller dealers, and searching for Hess knives through the GEC links.
Good luck on your hunt!

I'm curious if Hess has stopped making them or if they're on a temporary hiatus. I have been waiting for a leather handle tiburon to show up and I feel like stock has only dwindled in the sites I watch that carry them.

full

Hess Tiburon. In Redwood Burl, on an old redwood fence board, with redwood leaves scattered about, under a redwood tree, in Redwood City.
Can you tell I like redwoods?

Not always been a fan of these type/style knives, but man that's sharp. ;)

full

Took the Tiburon to the mountains last weekend, hoped for an epic break-in while hiking a sequoia grove in the Sierras.
Nope - used an SAK for literally everything.
But today, finally giving it some use, cutting' snacks for the kiddos.

Hess makes great knives on GEC blades of traditional design.

Kinfolks K380 and Hess Hunter.
Kinfolks%2520K380%2520Trail%2520Master.JPG

Hess%2520Hunter%2520with%2520Sheath.JPG

Kinfolks 395 and Hess Whitetail.
Kinfolks%2520395.JPG

Hess%2520Whitetail.JPG

I gave away the Hess Whitetail above to a coworker for his son. Later R. Redden gave me a Hess Pioneer in maple and stag.
Hess%2520Knifeworks%2520Pioneer.JPG

I happened to see Hess must have made a run of knives. Looks like the place I bought mine from has more on the shelf. The Tiburon is one I’d like to handle. Looks to be a good woods knife but maybe a bit more robust than I care for when field dressing and skinning game.

I happened to see Hess must have made a run of knives. Looks like the place I bought mine from has more on the shelf. The Tiburon is one I’d like to handle. Looks to be a good woods knife but maybe a bit more robust than I care for when field dressing and skinning game.
I have seen the Muley referred to as the mini Tiburon.

Back