Show off your Fiddlebacks and Leather

Got real lucky and picked up a side of W&C leather made exclusively for Filson for their luggage. There are a couple of blemishes, so no good for Filson, but great for me! This is the nicest leather I’ve worked with.

Zcjo0VL.jpg

TL2MXdR.jpg

6LZuSpq.jpg

Last edited:
OK - must show off this perfect set from Makael Makael for my recently acquired SHOGUN. This is my 2nd sheath from Mike. I love working with him. In addition to his obvious excellent skill and quality as a leatherworker - he has his own style and artistry BUT STILL - is very happy to oblige his clients requests.
He is a great fun and willing co-designer.

Last edited:
OK - must show off this perfect set from Makael Makael for my recently acquired SHOGUN. This is my 2nd sheath from Mike. I love working with him. In addition to his obvious excellent skill and quality as a leatherworker - he has his own style and artistry BUT STILL - is very happy to oblige his clients requests.
He is a great fun and willing co-designer.

With both knives - a puukko and this SHOGUN, I had some idea of what I wanted but also had no idea how one might get there. I sent him 3 or 4 photos of sheaths I liked, with notes as to what I didn't like and the request that he create something of his own, using my suggestions as ideas, not as models. For the puukko I had asked for something that evoked PUUKKO but at the same time wasn't a traditional puukko sheath with the curved tail, but still could relate to the genre as a cousin. Mike's puukko sheath ended up being unique, funky looking and perfect. He at first thought about making some changes and offering me a 2nd version but after a bit of talk and thought, we both decided that the 1st one was just right.

That would be this one. :thumbsup:

View attachment 1240986

As for the FIDDLEBACK FORGE SHOGUN - Again, I sent some photos, leather color preference and this time requested a subtle addition of blue to the sheath to compliment the blue/black aspects of the Shogun. Conventional belt carry was discussed but also the idea of a dangler option with the dangler being removable from the sheath or belt so that I could remove the knife without unbelting my pants.:confused: This way the knife is always ready to go for a ride. I ended up with not one but 2 exceptional sheaths. They both carry beautifully and secure the knife as needed. Have yet to decide if I have a favorite but no one is pushing me for that decision. ;)

ANYWAY - I present to you my FIDDLEBACK LEATHERS by Makael Makael

The textured one is water buffalo hide.

Notice the blue thread? :cool:

View attachment 1240997

The knife is a beauty too!

View attachment 1241001

With removable dangler.

View attachment 1241000

And a detail :thumbsup:

View attachment 1241002

Ray
They look great!

1. My Emperor is currently naked. Any suggestions of who I could ask (besides Diomedes) for a sheath for an Emperor and they'll make one that fits without me having to send the knife away? For those unfamiliar with the design, it has a slightly upswept blade.

1. My Emperor is currently naked. Any suggestions of who I could ask (besides Diomedes) for a sheath for an Emperor and they'll make one that fits without me having to send the knife away? For those unfamiliar with the design, it has a slightly upswept blade.
Check out Warlander leather. If you're on Instagram she's @warlander _enterprises. I saw her post an Emperor sheath recently.

[QUOTE="Nathanael C, post: 19436927, member: 527134" My Emperor is currently naked. Any suggestions of who I could ask (besides Diomedes) for a sheath for an Emperor and they'll make one that fits without me having to send the knife away? For those unfamiliar with the design, it has a slightly upswept blade. [/QUOTE]

Just look a few posts up from yours. The Shogun is a smaller Emperor and the sheath maker is not small compared to any others. Just sayin'

HOWEVER - don't know anyone who can make the sheath without the knife unless they already have that knife as a pattern. In the case of the Emperor - not likely (but not impossible ;)).

Ray

Last edited:
Check out Warlander leather. If you're on Instagram she's @warlander _enterprises. I saw her post an Emperor sheath recently.

Thanks that's a good recommendation, I like her work! Hope she has an Emperor or template on-hand to make another.

Thanks that's a good recommendation, I like her work! Hope she has an Emperor or template on-hand to make another.
Well, she's an apprentice in the Fiddleback shop so I'm sure she has access to most models. I have one of her sheaths and I'm very happy with it.

Picked up this 3/32" Babyboot for a steal from Lee at Olde Towne. The Diomedes sheath fits the Babyboot and Neckmuk really well.

00100lr-PORTRAIT-00100-BURST20200129100114202-COVER-2.jpg

Back