Show Off Your Knife Collection!

Don't have any current photos of my whole collection and have even less time to put one together right now. :(
So this old photo will have to do.
Here is what I can only describe as "most" (new additions have made this outdated) of the top end of my Bird and Trout Collection. I have a number of other B&T knives but these are most deserving of the face time. Nearly all are production knives, $100 or less. Couple of Customs are in the mix. More get added as the bank account allows.
This only encompasses about 12% of my total collection. Fixed blade hunting knives are in the majority for me. The split running 7:6, fixed to folders currently. Since walking around LA with a fixed blade on the belt is a invitation to unwanted attention, they are almost all unused. I definitely need to get out hunting more! I have always had an affinity for the little B&T. A ton of effectiveness in a little package combined with a simple elegance and beauty. At least to my eye.

B-T.jpg
That's a sweet 12 percent of a collection!

I will update my collection pic later this month after the dust settles. Few in, few out.

What are the two a couple below the minpin, one has white diamonds and the other has holes? And the one above the bug out?

The ones below the Min Pin are Brian Nadeau/Sharp By Design Mini Typhoons. The other one above the BugOut is a Shirogorov HatiOn Lite

Nice collection beast. Hows that Junglas? Is it worth me picking one up?
Yes, the Junglas feels great in the hand. The almost full flat grind leaves it thin enough behind the edge to slice, but it's beastly enough to chop very well. The sheath is perfect, handle is perfect, coating is really on there for sure. People talk about one knife to do it all option, and since i won't compromise the big chop ability, my junglas would be my choice. I did put a little chip in it banging on hardwood, but that sharpened out. It bent at a pretty agressive angle one time when batoning and went back to arrow straight, It holds an edge pretty good with properly heat treated 1095, so good steel. I do recommend. For straight choppers on a budget though, the condors are 1/3 the price, are bigger, and will outchop it.

Back