Show photos of your dogs

MAXIMUS

9MO old boxer
647bf23a.jpg

Long-running thread!

My last dog, Tasha is way back on post 73! She was with us for nearly 14 years but died in January of 2009.

462261583_VyALe-L.jpg

DSCF0902-1.jpg

Our two new pups were born exactly a year later! Initially there was a rumor that they were a wolf/griz hybrid. Dunno who started that rumor! ;) They're actually long coat Akitas, just like Tasha. The blond boy is Hero and the pinto with the black head is his sister, Gracie.

IMG_2751.jpg

IMG_7599-2.jpg

They are eight months old now and getting huge! Hero is getting much bigger than his sister. Here they are with their summer hair cuts. I'm pretty sure that they'll be just as fluffy as their younger pics by Christmas.

IMG_3005-1.jpg

IMG_3024-2.jpg

Here they are when they were little.

Gracie1.jpg

Hero2.jpg

Someone told me to get a long little doggy, so I did!
bestdamndog.jpg

If you've never had a Dachshund around you just don't know what you are missing. I had the choice of a mini doxie or a Newfoundland Mastiff mix. Since I spend most of my time on the road, in my truck, I didn't think there would be enough room for the Newfie. The Doxie is incredible though. I made a good choice.:)

love this, I have 2 miniature red Dachshunds and they're amazing

This is Kirby, a 4 year old mix. He wants you all to know that he loves you.
KirbyOutside.jpg

Here he is on his couch.
KirbyInside.jpg

love this, I have 2 miniature red Dachshunds and they're amazing

Before getting her I'd known nothing about Doxies. Now I can't imagine not having one. She is a fantastic, smart, energetic and loving dog. What more could one want.

Beve McQueen, my pit bull terrier that someone forgot to tell that he wasn't a sporting breed :D

bevemcqueen2.jpg

Wow! There are some great looking dogs here! Figured I'd post up some pics of our newest family member, we've had him for a month so this is a bit late.

IMGP9011.jpg

IMGP8982.jpg

IMGP8955.jpg

Boomer.jpg

IMGP894.jpg

IMGP9024.jpg

He's a 10 month old rescue pitty, originally from Ohio (where they have been banned). We picked him up from the people at www.prairiepitbullrescue.com

So far, he's the easiest dog I've ever had to train - a very welcome addition to the family.

Nathan

That is one great looking animal. So, who rescued who?

i swore i posted some pics of my big man but i looked through them and didn't see them. i will have to get some newer ones but here we go anywho. cane corso from italy

DSCN0153.jpg

DSCN0037.jpg

That is one great looking animal. So, who rescued who?

A little bit of both I think. I haven't had a dog in three years after losing my last one because of housing issues (renting and could not find a place to keep him). As soon as we bought our first place, we started looking for a new one and settled on a rescue pitty - all of my dogs have been rescues, I don't think I will ever buy from a breeder, there's too many good dogs that need homes out there.

I definitely feel better having a dog in the house, especially because he keeps the wife company when I'm not there. He rarely barks, the rescue said that is typical of a "hidden" animal (after the breed bans, owners would hide their pets and teach them not to bark, only take them out at night, etc.), but he does "woof" at the patio door if someone is out behind the backyard fence, and is always watching when we go to the door. He is not a guard dog, way too friendly to people, and that's the way I want to keep it, but just having him there to let me know if something is wrong is great peace of mind.

Nathan

36723_1474335372442_1055415097_1394957_6685441_n.jpg
[/IMG]

this is rocky
he was a rescue at around 2 yrs old
he was 9 this summer when he died suddenly
new 3 yr old rescue rott is stella-no pix right now
but she is a sweetie

Jersey (Lab) sadly passed away 2 years ago and is missed & Cheyenne (German Sheppard)

best-Copy2.jpg

Sadie (Siberian Husky) & Cheyenne (German Sheppard)

dogs.jpg

Sadie snoozing in the snow
sleeping2.jpg

Sadie. No shes not the favorite, she is just photogenic.:D
100_3598.jpg

Here is our new boy. We do not actually have him yet , but will get him on Saturday. He is a lab mix and hopefully will be my bird dog and trail companion for many years to come. My wife Mary has named him Bogart or as I will call him Bogie. Doug

attachment.php

Attachments

• bogie_.jpg
    bogie_.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 134
Back