Show us your Randalls

My recently acquired Model 14. The person I purchased it from stated that he believed that it was made in the 60's. However I'm leaning more towards the 70's. Any help narrowing down an age would be great. otherwise enjoy the pics!

image1_zpszqythrn8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image2_zpsxuogwsfz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image3_zpss23tyh7v.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image4_zpsd0o0zqii.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Well it will make a great companion for those tasks! Lol. Enjoy her! There happier as users anyway

My recently acquired Model 14. The person I purchased it from stated that he believed that it was made in the 60's. However I'm leaning more towards the 70's. Any help narrowing down an age would be great.
image1_zpszqythrn8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

'72 to '82 because of the brass lined thong hole and the tight stitched Roughback Johnson sheath. "W" on the sheath means the sheath is/was waxed. Nice knife.

Just in case anybody wondered, the sheaths that Steve Peters is having Sullivan's make for him seem perfectly serviceable.

DSC03113_zpsmlacqcnv.jpg

DSC03114_zpsrgzwdq7c.jpg

Maybe just a nad lighter weight leather than they're using for Randall, but nevertheless a fair piece at a fair price...

Very nice piece (and an amazing price!). Can you estimate the actual blade length, blade stock thickness, and weight (knife alone)?

Gaston

'72 to '82 because of the brass lined thong hole and the tight stitched Roughback Johnson sheath. "W" on the sheath means the sheath is/was waxed. Nice knife.

Thank you sir. I didn't realize that waxed sheaths came with anything besides the divers model

Conversely, black sheaths are an option - except on waxed sheaths... :D

Just received my fireman special. Not sharp, no box, no paperwork. Included was a small sharpening stone, a shoelace and a sheath. The intended purpose for this purchase was to be a collectible and put on display. But after seeing & handling the knife in person i've decided the knife will be put into rotation with the rest of my beaters where it will spend most of its life as a bottle opener and batoning wood. Here's a few pics...

I'm curious.......who did you receive it from? Authorized dealer, or a private party? Thanks.

2nup007.jpg

I fondle my Randalls and my Brend more often than I fondle my woman... but-don't-tell-her-that!:D

35i4pyo.jpg

2nup007.jpg

I fondle my Randalls and my Brend more often than I fondle my woman... but-don't-tell-her-that!:D

35i4pyo.jpg
Love that second 14 Coke, I want to pick one up just like it, and as far as Brend's go yes the model 2 is the one Brend I'd like to fondle. ;) Thanks for the pic of that beautiful 14. :thumbup:

Back