Show your first blade if you still have it!

My parents came to town for the Christmas and my mother said she found some knives I had made in a box somewhere. She pulled them out and I couldn't believe it. They were the first two knives I made probably 25 years ago. I love seeing people's first knives because it reminds me of mine and how far I have come, with exception of some folks who make incredible blades on their first go. I think it also shortens the learning curve for other newbies when they can see mistakes and design problems others made. So here are mine...two train wrecks, but they still make me feel nostalgic. I remember spending hours in the garage working away on these. I was so proud lol. One is tool steel of some kind with a walnut handle. The other is a cherry handled dagger made from a hinge I cut off my dads pickup truck tailgate. I finally admitted to that to him this weekend.

ujQNhSK.jpg

kWpxqAR.jpg

One reason you haven't got a lot of traffic on this thread is it has been done many times.
I'll put a shot of my first knife here to get things going.

Attachments

• first%20knife.jpg
    first%20knife.jpg
    1.3 KB · Views: 151
  • first%20knife (100x67).jpg
    first%20knife (100x67).jpg
    1.5 KB · Views: 153
I wish I still had my first pocketknife. It would've been given to me about 50 years ago.

Back