shutting down the shop

It is with mixed emotions that I tell y'all that I am finishing the last Dogwood Knives to be made in GA. Monday I will start braking down the shop for Our move to Pa. I will reopen the shop but production will be stopped for about a month while I get my family settled in and a new shop up and running. I will have this batch of filet knives post for sale soon,

Dan

New Hope, I am looking for guys in the community both to learn from and for mutual support. If you know anybody up that way I would be thankful for an introduction.

You're going to "artsy fartsy" central. :) You'll have an ABS MS (J. Neilson) not too terribly far north of you that is one heck of a nice guy. Butch Harner (butcher_block) isn't far either.

Yes there are a lot of "darling Little shops" but I also saw plenty of people wearing Carhart jackets and a few Gadson/Colepepper flags so I should be able to find some of my people. Thank you for the leads on guys in the area. the thing that has me most up set about the move is my shop being down that and other people messing with my stuff, but this is what we do for love and good health insurance oh and being able to be a knife maker

HA!
I've been there -- and it's not a big town, but it gets a LOT of tourists through the 3 warmer seasons.
There was a fair sized cutlery shop that had about 50% mall ninja gear, 30% pretty decent stuff and 20% good stuff/customs when I was there 5 or 6 years ago - if they;re still around, you might be able to consign some of your blades there.
Suzie Hot Sauce is a great place to pick up condiments, if it's still open.

Are you talking about the leather guy? I went in to talk to Fred when I was up for the closing, He had some hight end and some solid base line stuff. I am talking to him about some sheath work and selling some knives, we are having the usual dealer/maker talks

Dealer at that price I can't make any money and the economy will fail, cats and dogs will be living together in harmony

Maker if I go any lower I will starve, my wife will leave, me and the bank will take a way my house, my kids will be living in a cardboard, box you don't wan't to do that to my kids do you?

HEY!!! Where the hell is my knife? How long I gotta wait here? All I have to show people are these stupid Fletchers and Fiddlebacks. No class at all in my knife drawer!!

HEY!!! Where the hell is my knife? How long I gotta wait here? All I have to show people are these stupid Fletchers and Fiddlebacks. No class at all in my knife drawer!!

So funny story I had it sitting out on my bench so that I could come down to your shop friday when beth gets back in town, I cam back from picking the kids up and it was packed in one of 7 boxes. So the answer to your question would be 1-3 weeks. The plus side is if you have to come get it we can shoot some big white tail, deer that is.

Back