• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Siberian Slasher ultralight forged titanium alloy machetes

Mecha

Titanium Bladesmith
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Good evening Bladeforums,

Up for grabs are numbers 0-6 of 10 Siberian Slasher machetes! These machetes are about 9 oz each in weight (without handle wrap) and have 6" handles with blades about 18" in length, for a total length of about 24". They are forged very close to shape and are all a little bit different. :] They are about 1/8" thick at the handle and taper from there.

There will be four more of these made, for a total of 11, marked 0-10.

These are forged from a special and excellent sheet of Russian ti alloy called BT23, the blades made from which are documented in this thread in the Mad Science Forge subforum. Among other things, this alloy is used for ballistic armor plates! The blades are market with the Russian alloy code, the equivalent of saying "grade ____."

If you or someone you like is into backpacking and want a large blade that is very light weight, these are the the perfect machetes. They are thin convex grinds, and all exhibit a distal thickness taper. They should be perfect for medium-duty cutting and clearing of trails and campsites and can definitely split a rabid coyote's wig. I don't know about you, but when I'm out in the middle of nowhere in the woods or high above treeline, I want more blade hardware on me than just an Opinel and/or Squirt.

Buyers can choose handle overwrap leather type: fine deerskin, or robust "kodiak" leather lace. Buyers may also request a blade that only has the standard rubber and nylon structural wrap, so they may add their own top wrap (lucky shoelaces, paracord, etc) or receive a naked blade and build their own grip!

Price is SALE CLOSED per machete, shipped to USA, paypalable to KLSAMEE@yahoo.com

Each forged blade is different, mostly in curvature, so look closely at the photos and choose carefully. These blades do exhibit some work marks. In the photos they are ordered 0-6, from left to right.

Notes:
Number 0: 9 ounces, with a weak double-struck "B" on BT23 mark
Number 1: 9 ounces
Number 2: 9.4 ounces
Number 3: 9.4 ounces, with the most curvature
Number 4: 9.2 ounces
Number 5: 8.8 ounces, with a crooked "T" in BT23
Number 6: 9 ounces, with a weak atom mark, partially double-struck

Thanks for looking!

D8W2BbO.jpg

5H44PYK.jpg

h7DXgYa.jpg

OcpIUcl.jpg

bMMn2NA.jpg

ZvwajMD.jpg

WORB1VO.jpg

2QfvBI7.jpg

k5mdpTc.jpg

Last edited:
Numbers 1, 2, 3, and 4 are claimed.

0, 5 and 6 remain.

Slasher No.2 IMG.JPG IMG_4820.JPG IMG_4821.JPG IMG_4822.JPG just arrived today via super expedited 2nd day mail thanks to the Mecha man! I also was very pleased to receive the skewer which will most definitely be seeing a lot of airtime this summer on the Barbie (and no I am not Australian so I either just culturally misappropriated the term or I could be accused of stereotyping the word). My photos were taken in haste at the office so please forgive the lighting issues but I am truly impressed with the quality of the work and very much look forward to testing the Slasher out later on after the bell rings. More to come.... cheers.

Last edited:
Machete sale closed.

Back