Siegle Sar4 pommel question

The Siegle Sar4 has an elongated pommel (I just saw one in the customs for sale thread. I'd post a pic, but I don't want to steal people's bandwidth.... if you have one, please post a pic...). Anyway, it's pretty unique.

So, what do you use the pommel for in the outdoors? I picture some kind of cracking or smashing of nuts or breaking up fibers for cordage or tinder? Mr. Siegle, if you see this thread, what was your design intent?

...just curious

The 4inch SAR pommel design comes from input from real life SAR folks. It is useful for smashing stuff but also for using your palm to push the knife point into something. It's main function though is for grip retention when wearing gloves or chopping. When chopping, you can back up on the grip and swing the 4pm blade like it's a six inch blade.

SAR4 ON BOTTOM
3SIEGLES.jpg

BOTTOM 2 HAVE EXTENDED POMMELS FROM SIEGLE
PLUS A FEW PHOTOS OF SOMER OF THE OTHER KNIVES HE HAS MADE
Picture006.jpg

SIEGLE1-1.jpg

Picture012.jpg

SIEGLE KNIFE SLIDESHOW--CLICK SITE BELOW AND WATCH

http://s499.photobucket.com/albums/rr357/WILLIAMMARTIN46/SIEGLES/?albumview=slideshow

Thanks for the info and the pics! :thumbup:

I hadn't thought about the chopping aspect or the larger platform for driving the point by hand. Kinda embarrassing given my screen name :eek:

Back