Silver's 4.1 is finally home!!!! (Now pic heavy!)

Yea i believe some oil and a wire brish should fix you right up silver on those torx

No not if you use a light touch i dont think it will take much and oil may do it alone. Another thing that works really good with out being abrasive is elektra kleen ( or anything like it brakleen etc.) and wipe it or scrub with a rag or maybe a qtip and then oil afterwards. That stuff takes off rust that emery cloth struggles to remove. Let me know how it works for you.
Good tip! I need to try something.

Do you think the brushing would make the finish different than the untarnished screws?

Thanks for the initial thoughts, and also for the comparison picture of the 4.1 vs the 16. Don't remember seeing one of those before. Congrats bud!

Wait so is it just tarnished or is it rust? Although it won't affect function, I am suprised Survive send them out like that given Guy's OCD with FnF :p

Even Guy has his limits I guess. :)
If it bothered me I think I'd try a bit of toothpaste and a Qtip or toothpick and polish the torx socket.
I don't think that it is tarnish or rust, but a bit of discoloration from manufacturing that wasn't polished out.

Last edited:
Does it strike a ferro rod??
I haven't tried it. My 4.7 and 2.7 both struck well and the 4.1 spine feels the same.
My ferro rod comes with a striker and that works better and is easier to use (Don't tell Dave Canterbury I said that).

Wait so is it just tarnished or is it rust? Although it won't affect function, I am suprised Survive send them out like that given Guy's OCD with FnF :p
It's definitely not orange rust, it seems like staining. Fancier Fancier seems to be hitting the nail on the head as usual.

Hi Silver
Congratz on receiving the knife!
If you dont mind sharing what was your order number for your 4.1? I too have orders from the starter campaign. Just want to gauge the time.
Thanks

Hi Silver
Congratz on receiving the knife!
If you dont mind sharing what was your order number for your 4.1? I too have orders from the starter campaign. Just want to gauge the time.
Thanks
Thank you! I was #4679.
What models did you order?
I hope they get to you as soon as possible.

Thank you! I was #4679.
What models did you order?
I hope they get to you as soon as possible.
Thanks Silver!
I have two 4.1 on preorder :) cant wait!
How does the new model handles compare to the old one? On some posted pics it looks like the new model handle is actually thinner at certain spot.

The new spec knife handles have a lot more contour, but I'll leave it to somebody with both to comment on the minimum width of the old spec handles.

I guess they aren't going in order of order. I had a new spec 4.1 order #4432 since 03/12/15 and I'm still waiting.

I guess they aren't going in order of order. I had a new spec 4.1 order #4432 since 03/12/15 and I'm still waiting.
Wow, I don't get it. Mine is 3v with g10 handles. Not sure how I got mine first, but there must be some reason. I'd send them an email. Please keep us updated.

Thanks Silver!
I have two 4.1 on preorder :) cant wait!
How does the new model handles compare to the old one? On some posted pics it looks like the new model handle is actually thinner at certain spot.
I don't have any scientific measurements, but let me know if this pic helps at all.

nl3B68M.jpg

I really enjoy the contours and length of the new model. I'd choose it every time.

Back