single blade slipjoint question

How about a new "old" style slipjoint: The Sodbuster!

In addition there's (by way of example) Queen's Teardrop (Swell-End) and Mini Hunter both of which have a backspring as well as a liner lock.

The Solo Alox is one of my favorites, thin and light. A Case slimline trapper is a good one, but a bit on the large side. A Case Copperlock might be a good choice or an older Case single blade Doctor's pattern.

A Queen 41 Copperhead is thin,nice size,at 3-3/4" closed.Try searching this sub forum,there is a ton of threads,I'm sure something will catch your eye
-Vince

I agree with JB. For thin and useful you'd have a hard time beating the Alox Vics or a Case Copperlock.

You could go custom,too

Just a suggestion,this is as thin as a single blade knife,two blades sharing a single backspring.The small pen second blade is handy ,3-3/8" closed,rounded bolsters & "comfy" in the pocket
Look at the bone,classy knife!

DSCF3648-1.jpg

DSCF3649-1.jpg

These were made by Queen,carbon blades & can be found on the "Bay",they pop up every once & awhile

How was the sodbuster uncomfortable to carry? Not knowing that, I hesitate to make suggestions. Maybe a Case slimline trapper?

James

JAlexander: The Sodbuster fit in my pocket, but was too long to ride well. Meaning that it would turn horizontal and poke out on the edges making a distinct impression in my pocket. It was in short a tad too long.

Perhaps you could try the sodbuster junior? Alot more compact than a full size sodbuster.

JAlexander: The Sodbuster fit in my pocket, but was too long to ride well. Meaning that it would turn horizontal and poke out on the edges making a distinct impression in my pocket. It was in short a tad too long.

Somehow I missed the lack of the 'Jr.', so I have to agree with Jackknife. Get a sodbuster jr.

James

Nothing wrong with the Victorinox solo, a great knife.

For something more elegant, like with natural handle materials, there are several traditional pocketknife patterns to choose from that can have one blade. Peanut, Barlow, trapper, and doctor's knife come to mind.

Opinel knives have one blade and cut on par with, perhaps better than, the Solo. The larger models lock, but the smaller ones don't.

Good luck deciding!

Is there a production knife like the slimline trapper, but in 3 1/2"?

Like the Queen makes a Slimline in 4", then the mini trapper or dogleg jack is 3 1/2"
But a single narrow clip blade.
The Queen #41 Copperhead is too wide.

I really like the Case slimline trapper, the 048 series, as a single blade. Doesn't weigh down dress pants, but is big enough for serious work. Very slim, nice knife to carry and use. I always thought it would be a bit overlong for me, but it is just about perfect in actual use.

My Queen Copperhead fits the bill for me...thin, lightweight, comfortable in the hand, and plenty of blade:

0012.jpg

I had to reprofile the edge, though...

Löwenmesser has a few different offerings. Fit and finish isn't perfect, but it doesn't affect functionality, I like the ones I have a lot. (1040, 1038, 1047, 7328) Carbon steel, wooden handles, what's not to like? (I have no affiliation with Messer Rödter. I have shopped there a couple of times and got good service. No more, no less.)

Back