Singles Sunday, Traditionals only...

Gary W. Graley

“Imagination is more important than knowledge"
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Amherst Crown Jack with nice stag on this fine Sunday morning;

Edited to add, please post your single blade traditional folders here, not that you are single...just that your folder has a single blade ;)

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

G2

YSCbNvs.png

I used to turn up my nose at single-bladed folders, but as I've gradually acquired several of them somehow, I've come to appreciate them. I still prefer multiblade knives, but I enjoy most of the 1-blade models I have.

Many of my single blade knives come from other countries. Here are some lambsfoot models, mostly made in England, with a variety of cover materials:
7lambfam.4:19.jpg

- GT

Case Teardrop in Jigged Black Water Buffalo Horn !
I've been carrying it a week or so.
I'm liking it a lot. Good thickness to the handle. I love the look of the brass liners next to the black scales. The Wharncliffe blade with the black horn and deep jigging has quite a presence in such a small knife. Good and useful knife too. Makes an admirable small companion to say my Ti Lite IV.

I have a White Bone Teardrop so I have the Yin and Yang of the style.
Not my photo sorry it isn't more intersting.
65224_005_tear_drop_front_16.jpg

I used to turn up my nose at single-bladed folders, but as I've gradually acquired several of them somehow, I've come to appreciate them.
It's practically the only Traditional I'm interested in. I go so far as to remove the second blade from my Trappers.
. . . 'sides . . . it's a good excuse to carry more than one knife.

Back