Sinned again

silenthunterstudios

Slipjoint Addict
Platinum Member
Down to four slippies now, looking at a Queen canoe in honey amber bone and a cattleking, preferably a wood scale, like cocobolo. Any recommendations on other manufactuers who make a nice canoe? Large stockmans? Looking for jigged bone, red bone or wood, no stag or bone stag. Not looking for premium steel, but would prefer D2 or something similar. Productions are all I can afford right now, but feel free to post pics of customs ;). These will be users.

Took my small Queen stockman out of the roll, put it aside for my little sister. Down to a Camillus demo 94, Kutmaster stockman and two Queens, a red bone trapper and cocobolo gunstock trapper.

Something I gotta say, I usually carry Benchmades, but rotate through Spydercos, Striders and Chris Reeves. That Camillus demo is always on me though. I forget who wrote it, but I saw an article in Backwoodsman about the demo model, and just had to have one.

Hi SHS,

Schatt & Morgan and W.R. Case are the only other two American companies I can think of right off the top of my head that produce recent/current offerings close to what you describe..

However, if you go to the secondary market you will find that the sky is the limit with choices of all kinds regarding many makers, past and present. The quality IMHO is much better on average and and if you take a little time to search you can score some pretty sweet deals. Take a look at all the vintage Fight'n Rooster's, Boker's, Eye Brand's, Camillus, Case, Queen, S&M, Western, Schrade Walden, Colonial's, and a whole host of other vintage slippy knives that will fit the bill for you.

Good Luck in your quest in any event!.

~ ><> ~ Anthony

Back