Sisneyri by Prakash -- one only. Pix and deal.

This came in last shipment -- 19 inches, 2+ pounds, 1/2 inch thick. It carried the mark of Prakash, a small khukuri, and looks like his work. He may be back to make a few bucks to finance a new girlfriend or may be back for awhile. Who knows? As soom recall he was the Casanova of the kamis -- three wives, lost track of kids, several serious girlfriends and many not so serious. Back to the knife -- he's done a respectable job. Edge is good and hard -- near 60 Rc. There's a small hollow on the blade where he's worked out some forging flaw. He made the old style bolster. He left before we went to the habaki style. There's a small gap between handle and bolster on the front of handle. Handle looks to be rosewood and nicely done. Looks good. Karda and chakma are good. Chakma is very thick. Scabbard and frog by village sarki in new leather.

Take this one of a kind by Prakash home today for $150.

Call or email.

Attachments

• sisneyri by prakash.jpg
    sisneyri by prakash.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 348
And here's a poor picture of the mark.

Attachments

• sisneyri by prakash -- mark.jpg
    sisneyri by prakash -- mark.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 333
I've never seen Prakash's work.
Since he has the old style bolster, I assume it's been a while since he did any work. When did he leave and when did the bolster change?
On the habaki, why the change? I like the looks of the newer, but was it due to the new model being stronger/ more secure or simply an esthetics issue?
That khuk looks to be much like an M43. Is it more for chopping, as I'd guess due to its 1/2" thickness, or it is merely a case of Sher-itis?:D

Prakash left not long after I was in Nepal last -- Feb. 2000. He was in serious female trouble.

We thought the habaki style bolster looked better and served the purpose of wedging the blade into the scabbard.

Originally posted by Bill Martino Sisneyri
Slick. What's the design pedigree of this blade?

I found a reference to it on the Howard FAQ, but I wouldn't have guessed they were both Sisneyri, i.e. the same design.

Pretty cool and functional. Looks (and at 1/2" thick I imagine feels) like a small GRS, but with a pointier tip and Sirupati-style decorations.

If it isn't too impolitic a question... Might I ask how Prakash's work tends to be? I only ask this as I am the owner of one of his "super chiruwas." It seems to be a great knife and I would be curious to hear how his work stacks up against that of the others.

Prakash was a good solid kami who did good work. His fit and finish sometimes left a little to be desired but he made a good stout khukuri that almost never failed. His problem was independability. He was too handsome for his own good. Some girl would make eyes at him and he wouldn't show up for work for 3 or 4 days.

I can relate to the problem of being too handsome for your own good. It is a burden... <i>Believe me!</i>

:D

Me too. Here's my picture when I was 25. Thank God I don't have the problem anymore.

Attachments

• tyrone power.jpg
    tyrone power.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 67
Back