Slackin Again- Friday Post

Mark Williams

Took the day off , so just got up. Felt good not to get up at 4 am. Got a local show tomorrow and spend time with family Sunday. What ya got planned ?

@Work till 4 (ugh), then down east tonight for some R&R. Hitting the used tool stores between there and here on my way back to the shop tomorrow, and hopefully in the shop again on Sunday.

Forcast for Ashokan -heavy rain saturday, ok sunday. Enjoy......Sweany , that driver said " isn't this the ferry ??

First class back since summer recess. O boy I get to hit somebody....Self-defense.

Finish a couple of more cord wraps and some belly keys.

Larry

For years in our self-defense classes we have taught that awareness is the best way to avoid a confrontation, but sometimes even with all the cautions you can take you can still be caught off guard. One of the things we tell people is to hold your keys ready as you walk to your car..home whatever and if attacked to jam them into soft targets as if putting the key into a lock. Will this stop an attacker? Probably not but it can give the distraction you need to get away. I was thinking the other day ...What if you had a key forged from sturdy steel you could wield it with a little more confidence and have a little better odds to possibly get out of an unfortunate situation . One thing led to another.....this is what I came up with.
Forged W2 with an edge which won't cut you as you casually carry it on a key ring but it is sharp enough and pointy enough to do what it has to, If it has to!
Someone asked, What is it used for. Answer...To open up bellies....Hence the name......Belly Key

Attachments

• BellyKeyII.JPG
    BellyKeyII.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 48
  • BellyKeyI.JPG
    BellyKeyI.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 35
Interesting knife!

I got up this morning and saw that Mark was slackin' again, but decided to give him a chance to shake off the hangover. :D

Gonna do some biking tonight, go for some doves in the morning, hit Branson to see her family and get my mane clipped.

The rest of the weekend is up to me! Work on some blades and rest. Been hitting it hard since I started this knifemaking stuff and starting to feel a little of the "burn." :grumpy:

Nowicki said:
For years in our self-defense classes we have taught that awareness is the best way to avoid a confrontation, but sometimes even with all the cautions you can take you can still be caught off guard. One of the things we tell people is to hold your keys ready as you walk to your car..home whatever and if attacked to jam them into soft targets as if putting the key into a lock. Will this stop an attacker? Probably not but it can give the distraction you need to get away. I was thinking the other day ...What if you had a key forged from sturdy steel you could wield it with a little more confidence and have a little better odds to possibly get out of an unfortunate situation . One thing led to another.....this is what I came up with.
Forged W2 with an edge which won't cut you as you casually carry it on a key ring but it is sharp enough and pointy enough to do what it has to, If it has to!
Someone asked, What is it used for. Answer...To open up bellies....Hence the name......Belly Key

Here us another with a better view of the grinds

Attachments

• BellyKeyIIresized.jpg
    BellyKeyIIresized.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 26
Went crow hunting for a few hours this morning. My buddy and I dropped about six. Still to warm to bow hunt even though it opened Wed. I'm looking forward to using several blades this year. Sat. and Sun. will be set up at a gunshow. Hopefully if the weather cools a bit I can climb into the stand next week. :D
Scott

Great first day at the gunshow. Sold four knives, took one custom order and lined up a handle job on an existing blade. :D And I still have tomorrow :D
Scott

I hope everything is working out in Ashokan.In the Catskill Mtns south of there we had ~6" rain - roads and bridges closed, people evacuated !! It's cleared out now so tomorrow will be nice .

Back