Slapjacks

What do people think about these little powerhouses? They have a bad rep for being used by thugs and the such, but what about self defense applications? I used to carry an ASP but they're a bit bulky/heavy at times, and while I prefer to use a knife for self-defense, I'd rather not cut up an unarmed punk who wants to make a quick buck.
The thing that clinched the deal for me was the fact that I saw one sticking out of the back pocket of a transit cop.

The only problem is, I don't see much potential for them other then smacking a guy upside the head with them.

For one thing, they are specifically listed as illegal items in a lot of states, as are ASP's ("club", "billy").

As to your point of not much potential - let me hit you in the knee with one. Any target where the bone is close to the skin will cause much pain. Getting it in the muscle can't be fun either.

Maximus, they are hard to find these days as well. If you come across any please let me know.

thanx WaveMan that was just for what I was looking for.

Good point about the knee, my observation about the limitations was that because it was flat, it only allowed for two surfaces to strike with, not that it's a big deal to twist your wrist, but it was just a thought.

Back