Slight used villager CAK

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
15.5 inch 21 ounce villager fit and finish Chiruwa Ang Khola by Anil. Satisal wood handle. Leather sheath. All around Knife at $95.

73cSQrA.jpg

5RGeP4i.jpg

EDv1bdS.jpg

Email to himimp@aol.com to order
First come first served

Finally had an excuse to try this out today.

I hadn’t bought a CAK from HI before, but I kept reading about them being excellent woodbusters. It’s very pretty but still seemed too heavy compared to my lighter kukris to warrant breaking out for smaller tasks around the yard. Well, now this knife has won my heart.
I needed to tackle some problematic acacia on a hillside too steep to safely use an axe, so today seemed a good chance to test it out. I hate dealing with acacia, even smaller branches are really tough and shrug off blades that are too thin or dull. I also took along my TOPS El Chete that I use for wood block processing just to compare. The CAK cut about as deep into the hardwood as the El Chete, maybe a hair less. But, it had only a fraction of the arm fatigue and handshock, and glancing blows were a LOT more controlled. After a couple swings of each, I took the El Chete and gingerly tossed it back down the hill. The CAK cleared out all sorts of tough little branches at odd angles without problems and opened up nice spots for saw work on thicker trunks.
Gonna squeeze a lot more work out of this little guy in the coming week.

Thank you once again for this excellent knife!

Yes, these fifteen-inchers are a very useful length and weight, and with the edge geometry of an AK or CAK they are indeed wood-busters.

In general, if you were to compare a 15" CAK with an 18" sllimmer blade (such as a Sirupati or Chitlanti) of the same weight, the shorter blade will feel lighter because the weight is concentrated closer to the hand. Also the CAK will hold up better against the hardest use, although the truth is that the slimmer HI blade also will probably hold up longer than the person wielding it.

Back