Slightly larger Terassaur?

The above mentioned knife with a 5 inch blade, scandi grind and penetrator tip...
Think you could do it, Andy?
Any thoughts guys?

Yes. I can do it. Its already got a 4.5" blade. But I can add 1/2" pretty easily. Just send me an order e-mail when you're ready to: andy at fiddlebackforge.com

Andy - I played around with my new Terassaur this weekend. I'm very pleased with the way it handles and how comfortable it is while working it.

Well done!

Thanks

Randy

Aha, a terassaur owner! I'm very curious about this knife, can you post some details about it, maybe some pics? I'm guessing you got the scandi grind? I'd be grateful.

Andy - I played around with my new Terassaur this weekend. I'm very pleased with the way it handles and how comfortable it is while working it.

Well done!

Thanks

Randy

GREAT!! I'm very glad you like it! The handle should be very comfortable. (At, least, thats my goal.)

I'm making my first convex terassaur as we speak. It looks good this way.

I'll second Yellowlab's comments. (I got the green one.) Great design. I like that 4-5" length. I was also thinking about a full convex Terrasaur. The Scandi grind is great for making very precise cuts in wood, but I find a convex edge easier to maintain. I'd love to see this with a convex edge. I suspect the Scandi edge on mine will slowly develop a bit of a convex nature over time.

789184595_pxtRi-L.jpg

Last edited:
I'll second Yellowlab's comments. (I got the green one.) Great design. I like that 4-5" length. I was also thinking about a full convex Terrasaur. The Scandi grind is great for making very precise cuts in wood, but I find a convex edge easier to maintain. I'd love to see this with a convex edge. I suspect the Scandi edge on mine will slowly develop a bit of a convex nature over time.

I pretty much convex all of my knives, I also find it an easy to maintain edge profile but I don't currently own and use any scandis and when I saw the Terassaur....dunno...it just clicked. I thought of a 5 inch blade because, for me at least, is the ideal blade length and generally the size of a knife.

I gotta say that the scandi edge does seem to give great control. And it cuts really well. I just find it requires more concentration to sharpen as I try to keep the grind exact. I sharpen free-hand so almost all my edges end up being 'convexed' to some degree. :eek:

The Terrasaur is a nice design though. Joezilla did a great job combining some of my favorite woodsy elements into one design. Deceptively simple in appearance, it's a remarkably versatile and comfortable knife. Andy's interpretation and execution is great as far as I'm concerned. I don't have any field time with this one (and only a little backyard time), but I'm lovin' it already.

Last edited:
Man, I'm loving this thread now. I filed the handles today. By Wed there will be pics of a convexed Terassaur.

Andy - I picked up another one of your knives - a Bushcrafter. I should have it sometime this week. My goal is to try this knife out this weekend and provide some feedback also. (Not trying to hijack or make this into another thread)

Randy

Andy - I picked up another one of your knives - a Bushcrafter. I should have it sometime this week. My goal is to try this knife out this weekend and provide some feedback also. (Not trying to hijack or make this into another thread)

Randy

Excellent. Which did you get. Remember the clean up and re-mark service is free.

great thread...:) i am really looking forward to getting my Taerrasaur.. i scored the bocote one... :D this is such a cool design.. it looks like a great woods/bushcraft knife...

You guys are really something! Here I go hangin' out here and reading many threads about hunters, bushcrafters, nessies and I'm thinkin' you don't have too much lovin' for the simple Terassaur....
And guess what, you just prooved me wrong!:thumbup:
The minute I get mine I'm opening "The Terassaur owner and user club" :D

Back