Slimy *ucking Thief

Fiddleback

Knifemaker
Thats not the 1st time that sh#tbag did that.

Don't let it get you down Andy, it's when you don't have scumbags steeling your designs you should worry....

Send a report via fleabay. Not sure if it'll do any good, but maybe if enough of us report it...i dunno. That sucks, Bro. At least any one in the know is gonna know the real deal.
If it don't say "Fiddleback"...it's a piece o' crap
If it ain't etched with "Andy"...it's by a thieving pansy

I'll do a report if it'll help. That sucks, but I guess he knows your work sells. What should we file the report with? "Counterfeits and Copyrights Violation" and what for more detailed?

You could contact the maker and lister and tell him to do some nasty things to himself.

I guess. Little help it'll do if my experiences with ebay hold true. It is certainly a counterfit. I can't believe he had the nerve to ask me here on BF what the sheath looked like.

That sucks man. I reported both listings and sent the guy a nasty message.

never mind the credit this guy will get his.

never mind the credit this guy will get his.

My question was more to make him realize that someone is on to him. I want to see what his response is before I go calling him names. I find it fascinating what thieves will say to cover their tracks.

One more thing. Andy, they are a very poor example of our designs. Yours are beautiful, while his plagiarism is bland and lifeless.

I bought a Damascus Knife from him not too long ago. I thought the price was pretty cheap for what it was. When I got it, the fit of the handle scales were far from top notch (~1/4 inch gap where the top corners came unglued.) The knife was not very sharp at either. It still looked quite beautiful so I chalked it to you get what you pay for.

What I did find a bit off was his claim on a BF thread to have come from a family with a long history (very long history) of knife making. I am not saying whether this is true or not but the quality of my knife, although like I said, it was beautiful and still usable, did not reflect that kind of a claim.

Also the sheath he sent me with it did not fit. I had to soak it in water, work it over the blade, work the leather to shape, and let it dry. The sheath fit perfectly after that. I don't know why he didn't do this step before sending it out, at the very least he cut some corners. Why I don't know.

I did not mention it publicly in feedback because maybe he just started out and needed a bit of practice. I wasn't a bad piece after all.

His other offerings were not bad I don't understand why he is copy catting other designs.

Wow a bit has happened appears Timbo! has been banned and I may be the proud owner of a genuine knife constructed of possibly authentic genuine Arkansas Pakistani damascus.

I figured one day I would really make a go at trying to sharpen it but perhaps it would be a waste since Pakistani steel doesn't take an edge no matter what you try (for the most part barring exceptions I am unaware of)

Last edited:
I reported one post to Ebay and asked a question on the other: "Are you licensed by Andy Roys of Fiddleback Forge to produce these in the UK?"

We'll see what I hear.

Back