Slingshots?

hhmoore

Gold Member
I remember seeing some threads here about slingshots a few years back...
I found my Hathcock Target Sniper tucked in the back of a desk drawer. (I hadn't quite forgotten about it; I just hadn't given it much thought in the past couple years.). I never used it much - mainly because I didn't have a trap set up for practice - so I'm toying with the idea of ordering a bandset.
View attachment 1538396

Anybody here still use them, or are they no longer a thing?

I use them pretty much daily (don't know if I have more slingshots or pocket knives, to be honest) :) Have a 10m/33' range in the basement and frequently just hang out and plink down there.

Enjoy both building and buying new ones (production and custom), and of course, love shooting them.

Favorite custom (Joey J5 Lujan LBS)
3VA17ZR.jpg

7SI6m8V.jpg

Current favorite production (OTT Targa from Pro Shot, cast aluminum)
IptxoJ5.jpg

Current favorite homemade (PFS Lizard template, made from laminated African Mahogany and phenolic (micarta))
Y8LS7A9.jpg

kx9BvjT.jpg

While I shoot both tubes and flat bands, I much prefer the flats. I get rolls of latex from Simple Shot and cut them to how I like them. Pouches from Warrior Pouches. Some good videos on YouTube for making your own band sets.

I'm still wingin' the feral cats that shit all over my yard. Just got another 1000 clay 1\2" ball... Usually lasts 3-4 months during the slow season but now they'll be screwin' like rabbits and ill have much more practice..

Back