• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Slipjoint Modifications

I originally posted this in the Maintenance section but got no response, so I'm trying here.

I have some work I need done on slipjoints, and would be happy to pay any reasonable fee.

Background: I’m a hemiplegic, with a paralyzed left side. As a result, all my knives have to be one handed openers., with very little snap to them as well (i.e. loose, easy to open). For slipjoints, I put on a one-armed bandit, now I need the next step.

I have right now:

--Remington Bandit: looks like a slightly scaled down trapper (3 7/8” instead of 4 1/8”). Very stiff. Needs a lot of loosening of spring tension

--Antonini wooden slipjoint: basic slipjoint. Not bad, but needs a bit more loosening.

Later (possibly six months), I might get the following:

--Mercator K55k: loosening so I can snap it open one-handed with a one-arm bandit.

--Barlow: remove one blade and loosen the main one.

--Buck Solitaire: loosen the blade and dremel the handle so I can put on the one-armed bandit. On this, would it matter if I got Velox or Delrin?

You can contact me about these jobs, or to suggest someone I should get in touch with, by leaving me a response here, or by pm or by email.

My thanks.

Back