Slippery Shaker

Does anyone have any ideas on how to enhance the grip
of the Assault Shaker?

The plastic dip approach looks good.

I think the "glove" answer is a bit CBL influenced...

Mike

Just picked up my first Assault Shaker from Papathud this weekend (thanks, Andre!).

I like the idea of grip tape to assist in knife-retention.

But has anyone cord-wrapped their Assault Shaker? If so, could you please post a pic or instructions on the best method for the Assault Shaker. My amateurish attempts this weekend plain sucked.

TIA :D

Ron,
There was some talk about this earlier but I don't think anyone posted pics of how it looked when they were done.

Climber has been known to cord-wrap his knives, maybe he'll jump in and help us out. Clif...you out there... ;)

Lee Valley sells very abrasive "guard" tape that is self-adhesive and puts the level of grip security very high. You will have to replace it every so often as it gets slick with use, sweat, grime and the like.

-Cliff

How about this?
The knot makes a perfect grip for the fourth finger. Yes I got more than three.

aswrap1.jpg

aswrap2.jpg

Shindendojo-

Now, that's what I talking about! Thanks for the great pics.

FYI, I think I will use both grip tape and wrap. I like cord-wrap on utility knives because you never know when you might need an extra length of line...

Ron

Dirk,
I really like that. :D Ok, where's my paracord, I'm giving this a try.

Thanks for the pics. :D:D

Originally posted by Eric Isaacson
Dirk,
Thanks for the pics. :D:D

Thanks Eric,

the mirrored flash is a bit annoying. I was in a hurry to get those pics done. Anyway I think it´s easy to get the idea.
By starting the wrap in the middle it does not affect the contact with the kydex sheath.
I will get some red paracord and I guess that will really look cool.

Man, so stinkin simple, yet it eluded the heck out of us. Thanks my man.

Will that fit into the factory sheath, or will it have to be tweaked??

Mike

I just tried Shindendojo's cord-wrap system on my Assault Shaker. It does not interfere at all with the OEM necklace sheath.

Thanks again Shindendojo! You da man!

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Here's a pic of my Shindendojo-tribute wrap. The only difference was I used a coil knot to increase the amount of usable emergency line.

Attachments

• bas.jpg
    bas.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 1,201
I've been learning a little about knots recently, and think I know how to do that knot. It's extremely simple, no?

Very good idea for that use, BTW :D

Yes, Andrew, the coil knot is very basic. Years back, I first learned to tie it from a Microtech instruction sheet I think.

Anyway, for those interested, here's instructions courtesy of CRK:
righthandcoilknot.jpg

Thanks Dirk, I did my Assault Shaker last night and it feels better than ever:D

It's a little variation on yours, but the sheath fits perfect!

Kev

Back