• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Small Barlow

RLS

Happy New Year Everyone !!

This is a Barlow single blade folder with jigged white bone slabs.Blade is 1084 steel and measures 2-7/8". Overall length is 6-3/8" Knife is completely file worked including liners. Bolsters and liners are steel on this piece. Walk and talk on this knife is excellent.

Price for this knife is SOLD

Thanks for Looking

Ray

Attachments

• IM000884.JPG
    IM000884.JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 515
very interesting, rare blade-shape !
Please, some questions: half-stop ? How thick is the blade near the bolster ? How thick is the handle in the middle ? is 1084-steel stainless ?
Thank you.
Stefan

Stefan, Knife has a solid half stop, thickness of blade .115, Handle in middle .530. 1084 is a high carbon steel.

Ray

Hi Ray, nice work, I tabled next to you at the Baltimore show and I was honored to meet you. I have to say your workmanship is A+ and super clean.
Peter Martin

Ray, thank you for yor fast and complete answer :thumbup: - I am a Barlow-fan, but I am not so much a fan of high-carbon-steel-blades :( - sorry . But I really like the blade-shape, :) as I said before .
Stefan

i think this is a most attactive knife and a most reasonable price.
stefan, why do you say "rare blade shape" ? to me it looks like a clip blade usually does. roland

I have a piece like this that I carry most days. They are the old time pattern that was used way back when. These are not only useful , but very well made by a fine Master Smith. Just getting a chance to puchase these does not come often let alone the Christmas present price.

Stefan, i see what you mean with tang, i like the curve from the kick to the bolster. but what do you see as different about the spine ? the more i look at this knife, the more i want it. dangerous. roland

I love this knife! The barlow is my favorite style and this knife at this price is a crazy good deal. If only I had the cash. I am sure it will be gone long before I can come up with the money.

Ray what is the chance of seeing another one of these in the future? Or Of me being able to order one like this in the future?
Thanks Will

Roland, what I mean, that the curve of the spine is going down to the tip very "far" ( or deep) and I think - like FWO - that this makes the blade very useful. - Stefan

Will, Im making a few folders again. Youre best chance of getting one is to get on my mailing list. I just had an article in Feb. Knives Illustrated and Im almost booked for the year for orders.

Ray

Will, Im making a few folders again. Youre best chance of getting one is to get on my mailing list. I just had an article in Feb. Knives Illustrated and Im almost booked for the year for orders.

Ray

Speaking of which, my name should be coming up pretty soon. :cool:

Beautiful knife, Ray. :thumbup:

Ray, when you get a minute, could you email me a copy of that Feb. Knives Illustrated article you did? If it's not published, I promise I will keep it confidential. (My other business is freelance copywriting and editing, and I've been doing that to support my household for the last 5.5 years. I run True Talent Media, LLC.) Reason I want it is, it would be nice to have an article from the knife-maker I'm buying this new folder from! :)

Tam,
I cant copy it and send it to you because of copy right infringment. but it is the Feb.issue and you should be able to get it at a book store or a place that sells magazines.
Ray

Hi Ray,
Love the knife, definitely a looker! quick question... Is that a crack on the jigged white bone slab near the top? I'm pretty sure it's just superficial, but wanted to make sure.

Thanks,
rtoo

Back