Small belt pouch for minimag, leatherman, etc

When camping I have a few items that I like to keep at my finger tips. 2-AA Minimag, Leatherman PST, pen, lighter, match safe and a vial of iodine tablets. This is not my survival kit, these are just things I find I use all the time.

So I'm looking for a pouch to hold this stuff on my belt. Right now I have an eagle creek pouch but its too big and the things rattle around in a disorganized mess. I need a pouch that will keep this things securely in place (maybe in separate compartments). I have found a pouch by Nite Ize that looks nice and I'm checking to see if there are any other good options.

I just bought one of the liberty pouches too! It is by far the most well thought out pouch out there IMHO!

Originally posted by Jason Burns
I just bought one of the liberty pouches too! It is by far the most well thought out pouch out there IMHO!

Which model did you get and what do you keep in it?

check out the 'pockits' line from www.uscavalry.com, i use mine a lot - would hold all the stuff ya listed no prob, i got my wife 1 from the gunshow for like $10 - give it a look- also which liberty pouchis the way to fly? the expedition, the std, or.....?

sifu

Oooh! I like the looks of that Liberty Pouch.

To the owners of said pouch: Would it hold this gear:

Palm Vx in hard shell case
Moleskine Notebook
Leatherman Pulse
Surefire E2
Sunglasses

with room for maybe a few other little items (a lighter, lip stuff, etc.)?

THANKS!!!

Hey Guys....

I've worked and have had both the Liberty and the Nite Ize pouch,, both large and small..
The small ones I actually piggyback on my large field sheaths..

The nite Ize pouch bar far has been the most durable pouch I have ever used..

I've had mine for about 4 years now, and it has been through hell,, Matter of fact I've got it stuffed so full I've had to build a Concealex insert for it in the back of the pouch to carry my SAK RUK and large Firesteel.

After four years the velcro is starting to fade on it,, but there are no tears or malfuntions with the pouch. The velcro could easily be replaced...

With a little imagination as I have done with the Concealex insert, the pouch will hold alot of stuff.

Can't go wrong with a Nite Ize $20.00 pouch made in the good ole US of A..

ttyle

Eric...

Originally posted by cardimon

Which model did you get and what do you keep in it?

Hey Guys,
Sorry I have not checked back on this thread in a couple of days.
I bought the Liberty traveler's pouch. I carry a Palm V and cell phone in it along with a leatherman, pens, keys, etc. If you wanted to add a notebook and other stuff you may want to get the expedition pouch. It is not much larger in its general size but has more "bellows" capacity. The only draw back to me on the expedition pouch was that the belt loop attachment is not the same type clip. It has two separate clips that attatch to a strip rather than the single j-hook type attatchment of the traveller pouch. Both are hard to beat! :D :D

Jason, maybe they have changed the Expedition. Mine has a single J-clip that attaches to the belt. The J-clip hooks over a cord that extends across the back of the pouch. I consider the Expedition to be the ideal size. Neat pouch.

Originally posted by Big Tex
Jason, maybe they have changed the Expedition. Mine has a single J-clip that attaches to the belt. The J-clip hooks over a cord that extends across the back of the pouch. I consider the Expedition to be the ideal size. Neat pouch.

The one they had @ Brigade Quartermasters had two plastic "gate-latch" type hooks that attach to the cord.

I too have been searching for the "perfect" belt pouch. Here are some items I have dug up:

(1) The Survival Gear Pouch

http://www.boatingworldonline.com/News.htm?CD=291&ID=857

http://www.acrelectronics.com/surv_pouch/pouch.html

(2) Airway Response Holster (basically an EMT pouch)

http://www.emtcatalog.com/product.html?t_q=50453

(3) Medical Pouch (from Survival Warehouse)

http://www.estoremanager.com/survivalwa-58/product.asp?ProductID=666

You can get some cool hits by searching for "EMT paramedic pouch holster" in www.google.com

Josh:

I've got the Nite Ize, the Liberty pouch, and a SMKW generic pouch. I think the Nite Ize is the best of the bunch. If you're interested in any or all of these, very lightly used, e-mail me privately--I'll give you a deal.

For those of you with a WalMart nearby - they have the large Nite Ize belt pouch on clearance for $7.50, usually around $14. Bought one last week, does a good job of carrying E2, cell phone, small screwdriver, etc.

PS They also have the Nite Ize fiber optic AA extension for $1.50.

Back