Small -Blue damascus blade

I just purchased a beautiful small Sebenza with a blue Damascus blade.
smile.gif
I'm wondering what type of carbon steels is it made of? I didn't see any info on the crk web site.

[This message has been edited by Moree (edited 05-15-2000).]

Moree, did you buy that Sebenza from Red Canyon Knives? The one I'm referring to, has a blue pinstripe damascus blade, with a ribbon pattern decoration and an iolite inlay. I have been drooling over pics of that knife for weeks. It was just a little too rich for my blood. If so, I am green with envy!
biggrin.gif
Congrats on your acquisition.

Joe

Thanks Joe Cop! Actually I bought it here in Phoenix from Howard at AZ Knife Source. It has horizontal gold lines and a circular blue pattern on the handle, the blade is a blue swirl Damascus. This just became my favorite! There's a pic. at azknife.com but it doesn't do it justice.Btw it was to much for me too but I bought it anyways! Funny how that happens sometimes.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Moree (edited 05-14-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Moree (edited 05-14-2000).]

Moree, i just saw the photo of your knife all i can say is man that is a gorgous knife. Hermie

Thanks Hermie! I saw it and I couldn't get over how nice the pattern on the blade was. I think it's called "teardrop".
biggrin.gif

Picture had a big SOLD over it so I was not able to see the blade. I would bet that it is Devin Thomas' "raindrop" Damascus. I believe CRK uses Devin's high contrast Damascus which is 1095/nickel. This material looks really great when colored. Congrats.

------------------
It's only a mistake if you fail to learn from it!

Hi C4, That is the knife I purchased Saturday,I couldn't get the link right to post ,Thanks.
smile.gif

Blademan 13, Thanks for the info. I wasn't shopping for it I just happen to be in the right place at the right time.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Knives are our Friends!!

Blademan is exactly correct. We are using Devin Thomas Damascus. Most of what we receive from him is 1095/Nickel. As a side note, with this type of Damascus we are able to Blue and Bronze the blades. Stainless Damascus does not accept the coloring, only black and white.
Hope this helps,
Mark

Back