Small Damascus Price styled Dagger (pic)

I finished this one up so I can take it to the symposium next week and I have another one almost completed to take also..
This is a 4 3/4 inch blade of random pattern Damascus,Nickelsilver guard-ferrule-84 pins-and sheath,4 inch Waterbuffalo handle..
Please let me know what you think of it,
Bruce
View

View

For more pictures please follow the link
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=743108&a=12383620&f=0
This piece will be available to purchase at the symposium show...

------------------
Bruce Evans Handcrafted Knives
The soul of the Knife begins in the Fire!!!!!
Member of,AKTI#A000223 and The American Bladesmith Society
asmallpicofbruceforforums.jpg

Bruce, Another unbelieveable creation.
very very nice.

------------------
Tim Duncan

Thanks Tim,You will get to see this piece in your hands when you come down on Monday,Looking forward to meeting you,
Bruce

------------------

Bruce-

Amazing! (I won't say as usual, but we expect nothing less
wink.gif
).

Again you give me an idea of just how much I have yet to learn...but that's a good thing (if I knew it all I'd be bored).

That's one beautiful piece. I have always had a fondness for water-buffalo horn.

Nice pin pattern as well, I bet that was fun!

Thanks for sharing!
biggrin.gif

Nick

Just another beauty. Probably take you at least a day to sell that one unless it's already sold !!! Frank

I still have a long way to go to keep up with your knives Bruce...
Thanks for the kind words here everybody.
Bruce

------------------

Bruce, That is just gorgious!! Is your guard soldered or just fitted to a nats A--. The pins, the blade and that sorry excuse for a sheath. What were you thinking? Oh crud, I can't even give you a bad time about this. You and that Walla Walla Bruce are the reasons some of us will never be happy. Thank you for sharing. Terry

Thanks or the kind words here everybody,Yes the blade is soldered. and Cory,no this one I have had done for a week or so the one that I am working on now was the one that I was working on when you called.It is going to Blow this one away for looks I believe.
Bruce

------------------

Bruce, you really have a way with those California knives... This is a beauty. The pins are great, and the sheath is beautiful. Hope you're thinking about adding a silver sheath tutorial in the future! Did you make a form to bend the silver around?

Beautiful!

Dave

Dave,I will do one in the future.And yes you make a form out of hard wood and form the main body of the sheath in two pieces over the form then flatten the edges up then hard solder them together,then do the same for the other pieces and then make the button and the top and start putting them on with different temperature solders then sand it down and buff it.
Good luck,
Bruce

------------------

Man I get Creative Blocks all the time,so I just start looking at pictures and things then sleep on it for a couple of days and something will hit me like a brick and off I go,I then do have to worry about the mental melt downs which happens allot and that when I go to the house and start playing with the wife (and she says that this is just a excuse to get to play,Pretty good one if you ask me)As for projects that fail!!!! all the time !!!! It will get set to the side sometimes for a year or so then one day I will be looking at it setting there and that Brick hits me again and I can see how to correct the problem and off we go again,in fact I am fighting with the Blade that I am working on now,I have found out that you don't want to slip up and put a carbide cutter in your billet of scrap damascus becuse it just breaks up instead of streatching out and then it shows up all over the place in the blade when you are grinding and the belts wont cut the stuff and so you start getting real funny lines and bumps in the flats of the blade,I have one showing in this blade now and there is nothing that I can do with it but finish the blade and hope that it doesnt look funny when it is etched,this is a 10 inch Bowie with a cutlass grind but I have it ground after 2 days of grinding on it to get it straightened up....
See I'm far from perfect and I do need a VACATION myself,so I will relax at the symposium this coming weekend...
Bruce

------------------

Larry from Knife Art .com purchased this knife this weekend at the Batson Bladesmithing Symposium and will be offering it for sale there now.
I will be posting pictures of the new knife today sometime.
Bruce

------------------

Congratulations, Bruce. I love looking at the bowie pics at Knifeart.com. Yours will fit right in there!

sing
AKTI #A00356

Bruce, whats the chance of you doing a tutorial on making those metal sheaths??? Gorgeous work!!

------------------
Take care!! Michael
jesus.jpg

Always think of your fellow knife makers as partners in the search for the perfect blade, not as people trying to compete with you and your work!
http://www.nebsnow.com/L6steel
Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms!!!

Back