Small FB for a small friend

A friend is getting married soon, and having recently been through the insanity myself, I realized that it's perfect excuse to buy her a small fixed-blade to deal with the infinite procession of boxes that will need to be opened and broken down. She's a tiny woman, i'd say 5'1 and no more that 100lbs, with smallish hands, and I'm looking for recommendations for a <$50 knife to get her. Specs:

• Fixed Blade
  • flat ground
  • handle scales, I don't think the various skeletonized neck-knives will work, too uncomfortable for long use
  • <3.5" blade, gotta work her up to the kukhri!
  • sheath doesn't matter much, I don't expect her to ever carry it, just something to prevent accidental defingering

Not sure on blade shape, but i was thinking somewhere between drop-point and wharnie, something like a Random Task, maybe....

I've seen a few that looked close, but there aren't any good shops near me anymore, so I was hoping someone had some first-hand experience:

• Columbia River Ken Onion Skinner Fixed 3.75" Blade (K700KXP)
  • Kershaw 1895 LoneRock Small Hunter Fixed 3-3/4"
  • Benchmade Lone Wolf 40036 Utility Hunter Fixed 3.75" (hollow-grind, but otherwise looks right)
  • Buck ErgoHunter Small Game Fixed 2-1/2 (BU491BKS)
  • Boker Pine Creek Wood 3-5/8" Fixed Blade (a bit more $$$, but if it's really as nice as it looks....)

Thanks!
A

Back