small fixed blade hunt.

I'm a sucker for a small, pocketable fixed blade and right now all I have are:

a La Griffe (great but not all that utilitarian most days)

a CRKT Side Hawk (not bad, but the sheath setup is all novelty and not very useful)

A Boker Gnome (awesome but I'm looking for something bigger)

Ultimately I'm hoping you guys can suggest stuff I've missed. I had an Izula which I gifted away a while back, it was awesome though a bit thick behind the edge. I'll probably end up with another if nothing new pops up from this thread.

Here's what I'm ideally looking for:

Generally moderate appearance between classic American style fixed blade and modern. Trying to stay away from g10 on this one, and more towards bone or micarta, geared more towards slicing than prying.

Stacked leather handle - pretty sure this does not exist in a knife this size, micarta is also great

Fairly pocketable (keep in mind I pocket carry my rc3 some days)

Blade length preferably 2"-3.5" or maybe smaller

A nice sheath, something that will fit in a pocket well, ie no big danglers or anything

Got any suggestions guys

Off the top of my head I've come up with the blackjack necker with canvas scales, the brkt necker with scales, or an izula with scales. Also saw a Rock creek caper thats pretty close to right. The blackjack is in the lead though as it looks amazing:

BKJ_Necker_Steel_Blade_Green_Canvas_Matte_175.jpg
(pic is from knivesshipfree, an awesome vendor)

BRKT Bravo Necker II might fit the bill. It works for me. small enough to fit your pocket,big enough to skin a Buffalo, it cuts and slices like a much larger knife.:thumbup:

+1 on the BRKT Bravo Necker II. Bought one couple months ago (red blade, black micarta handles) and am really diggin it. Great slicer very comfortable handle and I have large hands (wear XXL or larger gloves). No experience with the Blackjack but it is on my "to buy" list. I like the Blackjack's design and 154CM is one of my favorite steels. Also check out the Becker Necker (BK11), if you haven't already.

:eek: I hadn't thought of the makers section here! Those are some amazing blades!

My friend, pick up an AG Russell Woodswalker, it's only like 10 dollars, 6 inches total, full tang, Rucarta handles, (which are essentially cloth micarta) and Aus-8 Japanese stainless, the value is unbeatable!!!
You can either buy a sheath for it like i did, OR you can purchase the sheath with it included, either leather pocket sheath, or Kydex neck sheath. The sheaths don't even add that much cost.

You need to look into this you won't be disappointed.

You might want to look at Blind Horse or maker Micheal Morris - Both make some pretty neat small fixes blades. I have a BHK Tiger Knapp with a wharnie blade. I wrapped the handle w/ paracord. The sheath and knife combo are very slim and drop in a front pocket unoticeably

I have one of the little blackjack knives, as well as the scales. Knife is excellent as are the scales. The sheath the knife comes with is an absolute pos, and won't hold the knife at all with the scales installed.... knife will fall out when sheath turned upside down even without the scales.... Made a new kydex sheath for it and all is well. I love the knife, feels like it grew in the hand, and is made for slicing!

Back