small fixed blade recommendation

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Justme33, Jan 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justme33

Justme33

Oct 23, 2018
    I am looking to get a small fixed blade, 3-3.5 inches, in a stainless steel with a 90 degree spine that I would be able to carry on my backpack shoulder strap while hiking and for very light duties at camp. I would also want this to carry at night when walking my dog as a last resort against coyotes!

I am for some reason very drawn to the Blue Glow G10 handles with orange liners and am looking at the LT Wright small workhorse, maverick scout, and next gen. I have also looked at BRKT essential 2, and bravo EDC.

Does anybody have any of these knives for light carry and or any other knives I should be looking at? Thanks in advance!!

2. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Your interests don't seem quite inline with this particular forum (blue glow scales don't seem traditional, to me); and our reccommendations will have to be limited to traditional styles. If you're interested in more modern styling, you might want to post in General Knife.
    That said, I have the Bravo EDC in a carbon steel. It's a nice enough little knife; and probably better with CPM154 or Elmax (thinner blade stock is better for cutting/ slicing; unless you're planning on potentially abusing it)
    Check out the Dozier Arkansas Toothpick (you'll be restricted to more traditional handle materials, unless you want to wait for a custom order)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
    Jack Black likes this.
  3. Justme33

Justme33

Oct 23, 2018
    Thanks, I read the forum wrong. I read it as traditional folders , and fixed blades( not necessarily traditional!) ! I will post it in the general forum. Thanks for the info!

4. Justme33

Justme33

Oct 23, 2018
    Attempting to close the thread, I’m newish to the forum and appreciate all the advice!

JohnDF and bikerector like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.