small fixed blade recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking to get a small fixed blade, 3-3.5 inches, in a stainless steel with a 90 degree spine that I would be able to carry on my backpack shoulder strap while hiking and for very light duties at camp. I would also want this to carry at night when walking my dog as a last resort against coyotes!

I am for some reason very drawn to the Blue Glow G10 handles with orange liners and am looking at the LT Wright small workhorse, maverick scout, and next gen. I have also looked at BRKT essential 2, and bravo EDC.

Does anybody have any of these knives for light carry and or any other knives I should be looking at? Thanks in advance!!

Your interests don't seem quite inline with this particular forum (blue glow scales don't seem traditional, to me); and our reccommendations will have to be limited to traditional styles. If you're interested in more modern styling, you might want to post in General Knife.
That said, I have the Bravo EDC in a carbon steel. It's a nice enough little knife; and probably better with CPM154 or Elmax (thinner blade stock is better for cutting/ slicing; unless you're planning on potentially abusing it)
Check out the Dozier Arkansas Toothpick (you'll be restricted to more traditional handle materials, unless you want to wait for a custom order)

Last edited:
Your interests don't seem quite inline with this particular forum (blue glow scales don't seem traditional, to me); and our reccommendations will have to be limited to traditional styles. If you're interested in more modern styling, you might want to post in General Knife.
That said, I have the Bravo EDC in a carbon steel. It's a nice enough little knife; and probably better with CPM154 or Elmax (thinner blade stock is better for cutting/ slicing; unless you're planning on potentially abusing it)
Check out the Dozier Arkansas Toothpick (you'll be restricted to more traditional handle materials, unless you want to wait for a custom order)
Thanks, I read the forum wrong. I read it as traditional folders , and fixed blades( not necessarily traditional!) ! I will post it in the general forum. Thanks for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back