Small Inkosi for large hands?

I love my Mnandi and actually carried it for my edc for 18 months. It fits the hand better than the small Inkosi.
Did anything kick it out of pocket? As in, did the small sebenza beat out the Mnandi?

Did anything kick it out of pocket? As in, did the small sebenza beat out the Mnandi?
I carried a number of small Sebenzas for years before moving to the Mnandi. I carried a Buck 303 for most of my life so the Mnandi is actually bigger so it did all I needed a pocket knife to do.

Then my job changed a bit and I found myself with not enough knife on a roof at 2 am…

Bought a large Inkosi and never looked back.

I still carry my Mnandi daily as well

The small Sebenza as mentioned is larger than it's Inkosi cousin, I have XL hands and it is just barely workable for me. It's the only CRK I have left the lanyard on, precisely because it gives me just a little more purchase on the handle.

Thanks all, by this I think I will avoid the inkosi. Sad to say actually, because I quite liked the design but I would not want a knife that does not fit.

Darn, thank you
I've carried a small sebenza almost daily for 2 years now. It's got just enough real estate on the handle for a full grip. Never felt under knifed with it on me.

Sorry for being a harbinger of bad news about the inkosi. I'm not saying I couldn't make it work, but it's not something I'd want to carry all the time for heavier cutting.

I've never had an impinda but I've wanted one. Hopefully they release it again in magnacut.
The next batch of them is supposed to be magnacut. In theory later this year. I do really like the impinda, I carry mine clipless and is very comfortable. It’s a bit larger than the small Sebenza.

I carried a small Inkosi because it was "legal" in the compartments I worked in but it really was too small and awkward to use. I also carried it in-pocket using a CRK leather slip case. I wear size large gloves. No longer in a compartment I now carry large Inkosi (plural) or Spartan Harsey Folders because they fit my hand appropriately.

This is coming from an unabashed small Sebenza user: I really, really wanted to like the small Inkosi but the way the finger grooves fit (or rather didn’t as the case may be) are what ultimately killed it for me.

This is coming from an unabashed small Sebenza user: I really, really wanted to like the small Inkosi but the way the finger grooves fit (or rather didn’t as the case may be) are what ultimately killed it for me.
That's where it wouldn't work for me too. Luckily a friend of mine bought one and let me check it out. As a rule I tend to favor smallish to mid sized knives, the small sebenza is great.

Thanks everyone! I was able to find a plain jane sebenza 31 in magnacut, drop point on KnifeArt. There is currently more in stock if you are so inclined. I agree with you all after doing a lot of research outside of this thread about sizing. Seems like for me the Inkosi would be a three finger knife, while the sebenza will be a full four finger.

Back