Small Multi with Pocket Clip

Hi,

I'm looking for a multi-tool that has pliers, a flat head, a phillips head, and maybe an awl and pry bar. The catch is that I want to clip it to the inside of my pocket for EDC and therefore it must be pretty thin so that it isn't uncomfortable to sit with. Many of the multitools would work if they had a pocket clip, but that doesn't seem that common.

I'm looking at the SOG ToolClip:
http://www.sogknives.com/tclip2nd.htm

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

You're right, it's not common. Mainly because most full-size multitools are too big to carry comfortably.

It's discontinued now, but you might still be able to find a Leatherman Side Clip on that big auction site. It's roughly the size of the original PST, but a tad slimmer and has a clip. Might just do the trick for ya.

Yeah, I should have bought a side clip when I had the chance. There's just times when a clip would be useful.

The new Kick from Leatherman is a replacement for the Sideclip. You can order the add on clip for 5 dollars and it has the same functions that the Sideclip had but with the sturdier pliers.

Thanks for the info Tsquare--I think that is the way I'll probably go. Any comments on the comfort level when clipped in a pocket when wearing something that is a little on the tight side like jeans?

It will be like clipping a larger knife there. Like a Strider. My jeans are looser and I can tell . I want to clip one in my overalls.
Also, I found the clip at Smokey Mountain Knifeworks.

jolla said:
Hi,

I'm looking for a multi-tool that has pliers, a flat head, a phillips head, and maybe an awl and pry bar. The catch is that I want to clip it to the inside of my pocket for EDC and therefore it must be pretty thin so that it isn't uncomfortable to sit with. Many of the multitools would work if they had a pocket clip, but that doesn't seem that common.

I'm looking at the SOG ToolClip:
http://www.sogknives.com/tclip2nd.htm

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

The leatherman sideclip and kick do not have the prybar that you mentioned that you wanted . SOG had another now discontinued model called the SOG micro tool clip . Its features were as follows ;

lonediver said:
The leatherman sideclip and kick do not have the prybar that you mentioned that you wanted.
That's what the large flat screwdriver is for. I uuse mine more for prying than for screws; when's the last time you had to work on a slotted screw that large? :D

I'm ok with using the large screwdriver as the prybar--I don't have any specific task in mind that would require a dedicated prybar.

I'm trying to determine the thickness of the Kick. Guy G mentioned that it would feel like having a large folder clipped there. I have a large sebbie clipped in my right pocket and I'd like to clip the kick in the left--the kick is thicker than the sebbie, right?

Thanks!

Back