Small Satchel Review

Hey everyone,

New thread ... Hopefully this one will be less " Stressful " :)

I've been itching to go fishing, but had to get my gear together( New Line / Lube Reels ). And it's a bit too soon , for my Flyfishing trip to " Mammoth Lakes "
DSC00169_edited-1.jpg

DSC00170_edited-1.jpg

So, today fishing was done at a " Southern CA Lake ", for " Stripers "!
IMG_0580_edited-1_zps7f8804b9.jpg

IMG_0582_edited-1_zps86c0ede2.jpg

Unfortunately.. No bites :eek:

I also wanted to revise my previous post, & show how I re-organize my daily carry items.
IMG_0583_edited-1_zps847d8ede.jpg

IMG_0590_edited-1_zps92d15dc9.jpg

I wasn't completely satisfied with the mesh netting storage bags. So, I ordered a few items from " Frost River " ( Waxed Cotton ).
https://www.frostriver.com/shop/

1. Frost River Accessorie Bag ( Small in Photo )
2. Frost River Badge & License Holder

I also added a small Bottle of " Hand Sanitizer ".

Everything organized & neatly packed
IMG_0577_edited-1_zpsc5c839e4.jpg

IMG_0578_edited-1_zps0876d4aa.jpg

For the Record: I plan to store my pistol, inside my bag at home every night. I realize others might do something differently. " OKAY BY ME ".

I'm more concerned, while sleeping, of being attacked by: Vampires / Werewolfs / Chupa Cabra's / Demons / Zombies / Orks / Aliens Invasions ; Body Snatchers..:eek:

So, to overcome my concerns.., I"ll be keeping a few items under my pillow to help me sleep.
IMG_0593_edited-1_zps481dccd4.jpg

IMG_0596_edited-1_zpsc8c2025c.jpg

IMG_0620_edited-1.jpg

1. Double Edge Archers Swords w/ Saint Michael's Medallions
2. Cold Steel Tomahawk
3. Cold Steel Master Tanto ( San Mai )
4. Wood Arrows, Hafted with Hemp string & dipped in "Garlic/Wolfbane", and other mystical herbs. And laced with "Silver Wire". ( Atlatl Dart Heads)
( My Cold Steel, Wood spear, is kept under the mattress ).
5. Neck Knife

All the above were also blessed (Sacramentals) by a " Curanderos " ;)

I've been sleeping,.. much better now !

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

I started playing with my " Satchel " today, and came up with another " Tomahawk " carry for you " Bushcrafters ".
IMG_0599_edited-1_zpsd90f374f.jpg

I'm still in the process of re-organizing my " Small Satchel ", using a few more " Accessories Bags ", from Frost River ( Sm / Med / Lg ).
IMG_0602_edited-1_zps7ced3341.jpg

After some additional thoughts..HMMM. I decided to stuffed two " Frost River Accessories Bags " inside my Satchel as bag liners; Lg in front / Med in Rear.( Red mesh bag, goes inside of Small Frost River bag )
IMG_0606_edited-1_zps13c672e3.jpg

HMMM, another thought would be to use the " Rear Bag " as a small " Lunch Bag " ( Cold Sandwich or Warm Burrito ). No worries over spilled food items, as the " Waxed Canvas Bags ", can be removed and washed.
IMG_0609_edited-1_zpsf991e2a5.jpg

IMG_0608_edited-1_zps11d5e8b1.jpg

Here's a photo of everything stuffed back in, using the " Frost Bags as liners ".
IMG_0612_edited-1_zps037831d8.jpg

All zipped up.
IMG_0615_edited-1_zpsbfe72308.jpg

IMG_0616_edited-1_zps7c5e2a8a.jpg

I'm going to keep the rear ( Med Frost Bag ),.. undecided on the front ( Lg Bag )... ?

Just sharing my thoughts.. :cool:

p.s.: HEY DAVE.... I just added a few zippers to your bags :D

Last edited:
Hey Everyone,

I'm still trying to organize my " Small Round Satchel ".

Well, today I added a few more items.
IMG_0641_edited-1_zps4e4e9fba.jpg

1. Small Bottle of Cholula
2. Small Navigators Pouch ( Picked up at Bushcrafters USA:www.adventuresworn.com )

IMG_0645_edited-1_zpsff198894.jpg

IMG_0648_edited-1_zpsdb5b193e.jpg

IMG_0619_edited-1_zps6078e2fc.jpg

I haven't been able to catch any fish lately. So, I drive down to the " DFG Hatchery " (Feed the Fish as a Peace Offering) to help my get my " Fishing MOJO " going :eek:

I ended my day, with a brief trip up to see the recent " CA Snowfall " just north of me ( Frazier Park ).
IMG_0635_edited-1_zpse6e47bdb.jpg

IMG_0639_edited-1_zps421d78b0.jpg

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

I'll now concentrate on exterior carry " Mod's ".

Calif weather patterns,.. One day rain & Snow, the next day " Sunny Skies " low 80's :cool:
IMG_0685_zps7cfb1966.jpg

For those of you considering a " Satchel or Backpack ".. ?
My advice is to get yourself a few " Utility Straps " , while they are still available ..? ( Retired Products )
http://www.saddlebackleather.com/Strap-Pack
IMG_0680_edited-1_zpsafb6aec9.jpg

IMG_0681_edited-1_zps3d5f8755.jpg

I will now include two " Utility Straps ", folded flat, inside the bottom of my " Small Satchel ".

Just my two cents.

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

Just an " Update ", on my daily carry review.

I replaced the " Yellow Mesh " bag, & attached a small round leather pouch (purchased years ago ) , on the key lanyard for loose coin change.
IMG_0663_edited-1_zpsf1603cb9.jpg

IMG_0667_edited-1_zps1d24c5bf.jpg

" IF " anyone is interested .. ?

PELLET POUCH: Wilkins 

http://www.airgunsofarizona.com

"Nice bag" "good pictures"

Hey thanks, just showing off my daily carry bag.

Here's a few more photos, pursuing one of my favorite hobbies " FISHING "..

IMG_0738_zps23fcc79e.jpg

Satchel tucked inside my new " Fish-N-Mate Cart ". ( Great Cart by the way:thumbup: )

IMG_0740_edited-1_zps6c25d85e.jpg

IMG_0739_edited-1_zps2e677cde.jpg

It was a very nice day !

I see manpurse.

HMMM .... Well, it all depends on " How Young You Are ".
Youngsters, with a limited vocabulary, ..call them " Manpurse / Murse / F@# Bag , etc ". And (someone ? ) might use it to carry their lipstick or make-up kit ..?
Okay with me, your personal choice :)

However, Older & wiser men,.. call them " Possible Bags / Shoulder Bags / Mens Satchels '..
IMG_0487_zpsa99ea8a7.jpg

And normally carry essential items like ; " Tools / Fire Starter Kits / Knives / Bullets / Pistols / Grub / Passage Fees , etc. "

For any " Youngsters ", still confused... ?
i.E: Mountain Men
mm75_zpse1345079.jpg

IMG_0416_edited.jpg

AKA : PERRO

Walk the Walk, Talk the Talk , Live the Life

Last edited:
Damm if you got anything good to say just dont say it...

Perro i've never posted here because i didn't want to stop that stream of photos.

I also let me make a recommendation the klean kanteen 18 oz fits on the side pocket of my messenger bag with a little stretch, the side of the sachel is bigger so it would be a better fit and you would have some water with you in style

Perro i've never posted here because i didn't want to stop that stream of photos.

I also let me make a recommendation the klean kanteen 18 oz fits on the side pocket of my messenger bag with a little stretch, the side of the sachel is bigger so it would be a better fit and you would have some water with you in style

Hey Carlos,

I've already dedicated the side pockets for:
Cellphone outside Pocket / Flashlight & Hand Sanitizer (small marker sized Blue item in photo), the other outside pocket .
IMG_0759_edited-1_zpsb8ec16ed.jpg

I'm also currently playing with a " Water Bottle " (24 oz / Wally Mart ), with a soft case & Carabiner, to hang from one of the several " D " rings.

I've been looking at the " Stainless Steel Klean Kanteen ", for my " Frost River Backpack " ( Hiking / Overnight Camping ) . Just haven't decided on the model/size ..?
http://www.kleankanteen.com

I need at least " 18 oz "( U.S. Pint ) for a " Pint of Cerveza ".
IMG_0730_edited-1_zps27e7b4b3.jpg

YUP, I tried clipping/hanging the bottle, to the Satchel,..but it was way tooo heavy :eek:

However, " IF " I was doing any traveling abroad, or off the beaten paths (?) .. I would hang a " Water Filter " Bottle.
http://www.rei.com/product/822013/sawyer-water-treatment-filter-bottle

I personally use " Berkey Products " at home, & carry a " Sport Berkey " in my Car.
http://www.berkeyfilters.com/berkey-water-filters/specialty-filters/sport-berkey.html

IMG_4170_edited-1.jpg

http://www.berkeyfilters.com/berkey-water-filters/systems/royal-berkey.html

Last edited:
Hey perro heres what I can say about the klean kanteens

The 18oz and 27oz have the same diameter and would fit almost all cup holders. The 40 oz version is the same size has the nalgene 32oz or the guyot/nalgene 38oz (nalgene holds 38 till the top mark) the klean kanteen full to the brim is 45 oz and is a little taller than the nalgene both fit nesting cups.

The Kanteen 64oz fits the maxpedition 12x5 not the 10x4.

also if going wide mouth go for this cap goes better with carabiners

http://www.kleankanteen.com/products/accessories/klean-kanteen-caps-wide-flipd.php

HMMM .... Well, it all depends on " How Young You Are ".
Youngsters, with a limited vocabulary, ..call them " Manpurse / Murse / F@# Bag , etc ". And (someone ? ) might use it to carry their lipstick or make-up kit ..?
Okay with me, your personal choice :)

However, Older & wiser men,.. call them " Possible Bags / Shoulder Bags / Mens Satchels '..
IMG_0487_zpsa99ea8a7.jpg

And normally carry essential items like ; " Tools / Fire Starter Kits / Knives / Bullets / Pistols / Grub / Passage Fees , etc. "

For any " Youngsters ", still confused... ?
i.E: Mountain Men
mm75_zpse1345079.jpg

IMG_0416_edited.jpg

AKA : PERRO

Not an age thing, unless 41 is young, in which case you made my day. Sorry, maybe I just don't appreciate the manpurse look. Obviously, by the multiple similar names you listed for it, you've had it called varying descriptions by numerous folks that all come back to manpurse. And, yes, I saw all the pics. All seem to look manpurse'ish. But if you like it, party on.

You new to BF? You post something, expect opinions, and not just the ego stroking kind. I see manpurse, you see satchel. Whatever you call it. Still looks like my wife's purse. I can post pics of it with her lipstick and feminine 'items' in it if you would like.

Not an age thing, unless 41 is young, in which case you made my day. Sorry, maybe I just don't appreciate the manpurse look. Obviously, by the multiple similar names you listed for it, you've had it called varying descriptions by numerous folks that all come back to manpurse. And, yes, I saw all the pics. All seem to look manpurse'ish. But if you like it, party on.

Well, you used a terminology, I associated with a " Slang " youngsters normally use. I on the other hand, used terminology, much older than both of us put together.

HMM, 41.

Yup,.. part of the " ME, ME, ME " generation.

You can call whatever you wear, whatever you like.. Manpurse / Murse, etc !!

Normally, what comes out of a persons mouth, ..generally defines their character, and who they are

I'm " Mature & Secure " enough , to do whatever please's me, without any concerns , what someone else might think :cool:

Last edited:
You new to BF? You post something, expect opinions, and not just the ego stroking kind. I see manpurse, you see satchel. Whatever you call it. Still looks like my wife's purse. I can post pics of it with her lipstick and feminine 'items' in it if you would like.

This thread was never about your " Baseless ", off topic opinions.. ( ME , ME , ME generation )

You don't own a " Manpurse / Murse " or " Leather Satchel ".. And yet, you felt compelled to voice your baseless , off topic " Opinions ".

The main purpose of these internet ' Forums " , and specifically " Threads " , are to share information.

What did you share ..? Your limited vocabulary & off topic knowledge, over a topic : " SADDLEBACK LEATHER, MENS SATCHEL ", review ?

Okay,..your entitled ( ME, ME , ME generation ) to voice " YOUR " limited knowledge & off topic " OPINIONS ".

You should start your own thread, with your wife's SADDLEBACK LEATHER purse.
You can then share, your " Experts Opinion "!

Now, " Go Away ", & Grow Up !!

PAPI, THEE JUNKYARD PERRO

" Walk the Walk , Talk to The Talk , Live the Life "

Last edited:
Perro, ye of such great wisdom, I missed the Me generation you refer to by, oh, 10 years. You, on the other hand, I'm suspecting, fall into the 'old bitter codger' age and think that you are, indeed, the Grizzly Adams, as you posted. They carried those bags because they had not yet discovered, say, backpacks. I was just surfing the forums to see what was out there. I appreciate good leatherwork, and thought this forum might be of interest. (part of the open minded generation). While I admire the look of the quality in the murse posted, I still can't agree that it looks masculine. Sorry for judging the look rather than the utility. I more get the wagon to haul your stuff than a murse. Or, a nice daypack or backpack, which come in handsome leather too. So, as I've obviously got you all bent out of shape with an opinion other than yours, I'll politely bow out of this forum to allow the 'oh yes' codgers stroke each others' egos. G'nite.

Perro, ye of such great wisdom, I missed the Me generation you refer to by, oh, 10 years. You, on the other hand, I'm suspecting, fall into the 'old bitter codger' age and think that you are, indeed, the Grizzly Adams, as you posted. They carried those bags because they had not yet discovered, say, backpacks. I was just surfing the forums to see what was out there. I appreciate good leatherwork, and thought this forum might be of interest. (part of the open minded generation). While I admire the look of the quality in the murse posted, I still can't agree that it looks masculine. Sorry for judging the look rather than the utility. I more get the wagon to haul your stuff than a murse. Or, a nice daypack or backpack, which come in handsome leather too. So, as I've obviously got you all bent out of shape with an opinion other than yours, I'll politely bow out of this forum to allow the 'oh yes' codgers stroke each others' egos. G'nite.

Nope.. you didn't miss the " ME, ME, Me generation ", .. You are still trying to justify, your limited knowledge & silly comments.

" OLD & Bitter "... HMM.
I'm enjoying my stress free " Retirement Years ", and still quite active, as an outdoors man :D

Second request; " Go Away & Grow Up " !

IMG_2891.jpg

IMG_4309.jpg

DSC00125_edited-1.jpg

IMG_3802_edited-1.jpg

IMG_0138_edited-1.jpg

102310141.jpg

102310021.jpg

IMG_0514_zps2b216733.jpg

IMG_0559_zps71842c2e.jpg

PAPI, Thee Junkyard Perro
NRA : Life Member