Small Sebenza 31 Clip Angle Difference

I tried to search for this but didn’t see an answer. I have a Small plain 31 from Feb. 2022, and the clip has a habit of slipping over to the lock bar when open. It’s a minor annoyance but not terrible. I recently purchased a Small inlay 31 from June 2023, and noticed that the angle of the clip is larger and I don’t see any way of having the clip on this one move to the lock bar (which is great!). Does anyone know if this is something unique to the inlay models? Or is it an iterative change to the lock side since sometime last year?

I’ve not heard of a change but I had a 31from 2022 that the clip slipped. I took it off, reseated it, tightened it down good and never had another issue. Maybe help yours?

Last edited:
I've never had this problem before but I've seen videos of it on youtube. As far as I know they haven't changed the angle of the clip on the 31s but I could be wrong.

I don't know if there was a change. Just curious. Did the clip exhibit this tendency out of the box? Or did you remove and reinstall it?

It’s done this out of the box. I have removed and reinstalled the clip several times with no change. I even installed a LynchNW clip and same thing. I sent a note over to the mothership to see what they have to say. Maybe it’s something off with the particular knife. I didn’t think of it before but I did just look at a small 31 UG from May 2023 and it looks pretty much the same as my inlay. Farther from the lock bar and no issue with it moving.

So the mothership sent me a new clip and that fixed the clip slip. I can even see the worn portion where I see that the old clip was over more. My guess is it was a tolerance build up enough to make a difference. New clip placement now looks exactly like other ones.

So FYI if anyone has this same issue, contact CRK and get a new clip and that should fix it!

Tolerance stacking is a real thing. Glad the got you all fixed up.

So the mothership sent me a new clip and that fixed the clip slip. I can even see the worn portion where I see that the old clip was over more. My guess is it was a tolerance build up enough to make a difference. New clip placement now looks exactly like other ones.

So FYI if anyone has this same issue, contact CRK and get a new clip and that should fix it!

Thanks for finding a simple solution without giving up, I’d heard for a while some small’s had this issue.

Back