Small Sebenza-Plain or Classic?

I don't mean to be a bother, just trying to make right decision without being able to handle and personally see these knives.

Question is "Plain" or "Classic 2000"

I have said before it's going to be daily carry user and I have rather large hands if that means anything. Thanks in advance, Dave

The Classic 2000 small fits better in a large hand with the single indentation as compared to the stair type indentations on the regular.

The regular large fits very well to a large hand as the handle is a bit thicker than the Classic 2000. The regular large is heavier than the Classic 2000 if your considering wieght as a factor. The regular large seems to be more comfortable for long cutting tasks with the stair type indentations, less of single pressure point on the index finger.

What ever your selection, there is always room for one more........

I'd go for the Classic, have one right now to look at and like the blade shape and the more pronounced guard...

G2

------------------
"The Road to Hell is Paved with Good Intentions!"
Take the time to read your Bible Now, don't be left behind...

G2 LeatherWorks

Classic for sure!

Or.........

You can buy both...........
biggrin.gif

------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GigOne
"Livin' Life - Full Throttle"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Happiness is a belt-fed weapon & a Walter Brend Model 2!"
icon82.gif

Dave, buy one of each and be on the safe side. Also, start saving for your small wood inlaid sebenza. Believe me, it's inevitable!!!

I was handling both last nite, As I have gotten in quite a few here lately. I have to admit, I kind of like the Classic myself...that deeper finger groove seems to feel real nice in my hand but I think I could carry either one and be just as happy.....

Yeah Dave.......why don't you just get both
wink.gif
!

------------------
Knives & Things
Mike Payne

i handled a small classic for the first time last night and was impressed....i have several plain small sebenzas that i carry on a daily basis and have become used to them but could easily get used to the classic also....you cant go wrong with either one..i think its a matter of personal choice and what one feels like in your hand will differ from person to person...both are extremely well made and will get the job done....thanks...feverdoc

Dug up this pic which I saved from somewhere. Sorry, don't remember whose pic it was so I can't credit the owner. Anyway, this is the best side by side pic of both the classic and new sebenza I've seen. These are large sebenzas BTW.

View

------------------
"Praise not the day until evening has come;a sword until it is tried; ice until it has been crossed; beer until it has been drunk" - Viking proverb

[This message has been edited by redvenom (edited 11-05-2000).]

Thank you so much everyone!! I really appreciate your opinions. Ane especially thanks for posting the picture. Sincerely, Dave

Thanks very much everyone! I think I am going with the Classic. Now I need to find the best price! Thanks again, Dave

Dave,

The best price is "free"! And when you find one of those "free" ones....put it on hold in my name and give me a yell! ! lol

Good luck in your quest!

Let us know what you think of your new purchase when you get it!

Back