Small sheath mods

I have debated the merits of the factory sheaths for a while, and even bought a few Spec Ops Comb Masters as a result. But eventually I came back to liking them because they are light, compact, simple, and basically well designed. As for the edge dulling issue I try to angle the blade slightly on withdrawal to negate edge rubbing, and it seems to work well enough. Besides, we have to sharpen them eventually anyway. However I didn't like the super tough withdrawal from the little retention ridges in side the sheath to lock the knife in. So I took sand paper and rubbed them down a little at a time ( go easy, a small bit at a time ) for a comfortable retention/withdrawal ratio. I also removed the locking snap and opened the top strip of nylon to include two snaps. During this process some nylon frays hung out which I quickly touched up with a lighter. I just grabbed a snap kit from Walmart and it was a quick mod. Most of my C.S. snaps always came weak, and the replacements are crisper. I have also simply given the male end of the factory snaps a swat with a hammer for better retention, sometimes it works, sometimes not. As a bonus of opening up the upper retention strip of nylon I had an end tag making it easier to pop the snaps without looking.

Back