Small tek-loks?

Skidoosh

Gold Member
I really like the tek-lok, expensive but they work for me. I've been looking for small tek-loks and it seems like they are no longer being manufactured. Can anyone confirm that or suggest and alternative for a belt mount of a sheath?

I noticed that as well doing a search yesterday, most folks are out. However, GPKnives has the small Tek-Lok's in stock. I just picked one up, along with two large Tek-Loks. At the same time, the Spyderco G-clip is pretty much an equivalent or some would argue better alternative to the small Tek-Lok, which is why I don't think you see the smalls as much anymore. I found some G-clips online for only $7.00 each, but the regular retail you'll see them for is $10.50.

By the way, for Scout style horizontal carry, you'll have a hard time beating the convenience of dot pull straps that you loop IWB and then over the kydex sheath. They allow some slight movement, but really hold the knife secure and it's easy to put the sheathed knife off and on. The Tops 4.0 Cut kydex sheath uses those if you want to google it, and I bought more on Etsy (RKCustomKydex) to use on kydex scout carry sheaths for a BM 162 Bushcrafter and an ESEE 4, and plan on using them on a BK-16 aftermarket sheath as well.

Back