• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Good SMKW Site Visit

Fixedwing

Gold Member
Apologies if this has been disscussed here; I did search for a thread. So my wife and I were in Knoxville over the last 5 days with our dog on several hiking adventures.

Since we were close to the Smokies, we also hiked the Gatlinburg Trail. On the way back, we stopped at Smokie Mountain Knife Works in Sevierville.

Words would fail to describe the tremendous amount of eye candy in this establishment. The place is massive and completely full of knives of all sorts, shapes, sizes, colors, makers, ect...

There were several floors with large glass display cases full of knives. The case with the most empty slots was the ESEE display. (must be something to that;)) All of the staff were very helpful and would go out of their way to show you whatever you wanted.

I left some drool on the floor in front of the Toor case among several others. They didn't seem familiar with Winkler Knives which I thought odd and they therefore didn't have any on display.

They were having a 20% off sale on all Spartan Blades knives so I picked up a TT which is very cool. My wife opted for the more concealable SAK in pink no less.

I highly recommend for any knife knut to not pass up a visit if the given the opportunity. If you've been there, please share your experience.

Last edited:
I long for the day I can visit a knife store of such magnitude. I live in NJ & we have NOTHING like that here, not even close.

I’ve been in Knoxville for the past 2 years for college, and I’ll go the SMKW a couple times a semester. It’s always a ton of fun, and I always buy something while I’m there. It also works out well that people send me money for my birthday since I’m away from home and it always gets spent there. The relic room is super cool (and I’m not even that big of a history buff). They also do custom engravings for $5-10 depending on what you get. They will engrave guns as well. And if you don’t do your own sharpening it’s $2 a blade. Definitely worth a visit. There’s also Bud’s gun shop, a Lodge cast iron store, a boot store, and a Workshop Tools that has new name brand tools for much cheaper than you would find in a big box store. Those are all right across the street. And last there’s a large flea market just down the road if you like those. Of course there’s tons of stuff to do in Sevierville, but those are some of my favorites in the same area. Anyway, sorry about the long paragraph that wasn’t all about knives, but hopefully it’s helpful for someone.

Back