Smoke and Prayer for a smooth journey West

Karda

BANNED
A couple weeks ago my wifes 91 year old grandfather, Albert Inman, took a seemingly minor little spill outside one of his favorite places to eat after having dinner with the other "old folk" who had come to visit him.
Apparently he tore some blood vessels in his stomach region and began to bleed internally.
Being on coumadin, his blood wouldnt clot and he nearly died before letting anyone know and was rushed to the hospital for emergency surgery. They could not find the bleeder, but reversed the effect of the coumadin and the bleeding was stopped...intermittantly.
He has spent the last two weeks in the hospital, with a couple day stint in the nursing home where they couldnt properly care for his surgical wounds. He's been sent to a better hospital, but is not healing and not responding to medications well. He has also developed pneumonia and is not responding to antibiotics.

Today, he requested that all measures to keep him alive...aside from those meant to keep him comfortable, be removed. He is in constant pain and is too weak at this point to continue. The doctors give him little chance of recovery. He has fought the good fight.......
We respect his wishes and are maintaining vigil.
This was not unexpected, just not expected so soon or in this manner.....
Hug those you love and make sure they know it....none of us are guaranteed a tommorrow.

I would just like to ask of my friends, this one small favor.....

Please pray for some mercy and grace for a wonderful, man, person, husband, father, grandfather and friend..... to ease his transition without pain and discomfort..without regret.....and with his dignity.
Please help me in my pleas to the creator to make his walk west as easy as possible.

Thank you, my friends.

Vaya Con Dios Mr Inman. The time you spent here will be well remembered by your loved ones and may your further journeys be in peace.

Prayers, Smoke, and Positive Thoughts for the man and your family Karda.

Smoke and prayers.

Mortality weeps.
Drowned in sea of miracles,
endless waves remain.

-S.

Dude, you NEVER have to ask here, it is practically our duty as Cantina-goers, as good people, and as human beings. Peace, and eternal rest, reincarnation, or whatever awaits us on the other side for Mister Inman. I hope he goes without suffering, and I hope you and your wife, as well as everyone who knew or was related to, him, find a different kind of peace in the lives you all have ahead of you. Whatever you do, do not become consumed by grief, it can do terrible things to you (I have no idea of the relationship between you and your wife's grandfather, so I thought I would extend that as a general piece of advice for anyone in the same situation). You helped me through a rough spot, Karda, whether you knew about it or not, and for that, I also want to give you my thanks. My mom does not trust social networking sites, and heck, I usually do not either, but this place is the exception, this is the place where everyday superheroes gather and swap tales, this is the place where everyday magic brews, this is the place that I hope exists in whatever lies beyond this life, where hopefully, we can all meet and talk face to face...that would be cool as ice. But, I am rambling in a very sensitive thread. Peace and good luck in whatever you face next Mr. Inman. Peace to everyone. Goodbye.

Smoke sent. We all have to make this passage but can hardly complain about it if after 91 years someone can say the things about us that you can say about Albert.

Thank You , My Friends !!!
I appreciate all your help.
He is lingering, we are waiting.
Hopefully our pleas will be heard.

Smoke and prayers from Reno

Albert Inman
May your essential self, the voyager, be cleansed and guided by the inexorable wisdom of reality,
May the beloved be thy protector,
May you be brought safely across the labyrinth,
And placed in the state of the pure and shining void

Amen

Back