Smoke Jumper?

Are you still carrying your Smoke Jumper?

• Yep.

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Yep, but I swap it out every so often for another 110/112 in my carry rotation.

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Nope. I switched to The Shield.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope. I went back to the standard production 110.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope. I'm carrying a Custom Shop or a different SFO.

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Nope. I don't have one. :(

Votes: 13 54.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No. I never carried mine. I bought it only for the blade. I put the blade in my aluminum framed take apart Buck of the month. I then put the 420HC blade into the plastic frame and gave the knife away. The heft of the traditional 110 is a lot of it's draw for me. Even my take apart aluminum 110 is to lite for my liking. I don't have much interest in the plastic 110s and 112s, but that's ok because plenty of the rest of you like them.

O.B.

My favorite bait cutting, general purpose fishing knife. Synthetic frame and stainless steel are perfect around saltwater and it’s so light as to be unnoticeable on my belt. Bright color aids in seeing when it’s open on the pier or boat. OH
Buck-110-LT-2018-fishing-knife.jpg

Last edited:
I don’t have one but I’m thinking about getting one. I have the shield and a couple of regular LT that I carry and use. They are very handy and I like the bigger handle more than the slims. I think the red handle is good for visibility but not necessarily my favorite for looks.

My favorite bait cutting, general purpose fishing knife. Synthetic frame and stainless steel are perfect around saltwater and it’s so light as to be unnoticeable on my belt. Bright color aids in seeing when it’s open on the pier or boat. OH
Buck-110-LT-2018-fishing-knife.jpg
Looks like a tasty light lunch or snack you have there. :)
I used to fish with live crawdads. If the fish did't eat 'em, I could (and did) cook 'em and eat 'em after I got home. :D

I love my Smoke Jumper and my Shield. Wouldn't trade them for nothin' Love the sheaths too. I have found it hard to fit them into my rotation though. I usually have a Custom or SFO 110 on me it seems. I have a lot of knives that sit and wait though.

I like mine. Unlike the brass/wood/leather sheath version, it's easy to forget it's on my belt.
Having worked for the Forest Fire Service, I question the name choice. We were instructed to have no synthetics on our persons - no clothing, belts, boot linings or even boot laces. A nylon handled knife in a nylon sheath would burn and melt onto your skin, in a bad situation. My choice was a 112 Ranger folder in a leather sheath.

Having 2 standard 110 LTs, 2 112 LTs, a Shield, a regular 110, an aluminum 110 and a 486, I told myself I didn't need a Smoke Jumper. Then I got a coupon today. Now I have a Smoke Jumper on the way :rolleyes:;)
I'm so suggestible :oops:
I dunno ... sounds more like "practical" to me. :)

Back