Smoke Needed for my Old Man

Steely_Gunz

Got the Khukuri fevah
Greetings gentlebeings.

I always hate to ask, but like so many of you know, a little bit of positive thoughts and well-wishes from good hearted people can make a real difference.

My dad is fighting a very, very nasty bladder infection, and it's knocked him for a real loop. Like all big tough guys, he's indestructible...until he isn't. He wasn't feeling well on the job site Saturday, but he still powered through the day. Basically, he pushed himself to far and wound up sporting a 103 fever and very dehydrated. My stepmom was able to get him to the doctor sunday. He was given antibiotic injections and allowed to go home that evening as he was improving.

Last night he started vomiting again, so it was off to the hospital for an evening of IV fluids. I just got a text from my stepmom that they are keeping him a little longer because he's still feeling so terrible. I'm off to the hospital in the next few minutes to pay him a visit.

My dad is one of those impossibly strong guys. He rarely gets sick, rarely gets hurt, and never takes it easy. However, he's not a spring chicken. Even though he is great shape, he's nearly 60 and 40+ years of working in the sun and heat doing construction have taken a toll on him. He need to slow down a bit, but good luck convincing him that.

If y'all have a quick minute to send up some smoke, I would greatly appreciate it. He's a tough ol' bastid, but he's still my dad and it's my job to worry about him.

Thanks so much, folks.

Smoke up from the NW as well. Don't try to keep him down. Loose reins my friend.

Smoke and Prayers sent, Steely!
Any of those things itself could knock the stuffing outta young men. He needs to understand that the only way to get better is to rest and not push, but to make sure he's taking care of his bodies needs. The sooner he understands and does it, the sooner he can return to work.

Thanks, folks.

I spent a few hours hanging out at the hospital with my dad today. He's his typical jovial self, but they are ordering more tests because they don't know why he's staying so dehydrated.

Luckily, I have several customers who are doctors at this hospital, and all of them are stopping in to check on him...even an anesthesiologist who has no dog in this fight:)

I think he'll be ok if he gets a little more rest. He's supposed to get to go home tomorrow if everything checks out, but I went ahead and brought him a stack of the car racing magazines he likes and a spare pair of reading glasses that he always seems to "lose".

Typical dad, he's ordered me to take the day off tomorrow and take my wife and daughter to a local theme park since we missed the company picnic yesterday to this...of course it also keeps me from hovering over him as well...crafty guy;)

Once again , thank you all so much. I'll be sure to keep you posted. It is so appreciated.

Of course he's in my mind, Jake.

You neglected to mention, he raised a moderately adequate son, in addition to all his other accomplishments.

:)

His hardest task may be to take it easy and let his health catch up with his dedication.

Be gentle with yourself.

Positive thoughts and prayers sent. Let us know if we can do anything else.

Giant smoke cloud rivaled only by Snoop Dogg going up for your pops.

I don't smoke but best wishes and hope he gets better. My father is in construction as well and I know how strenuous the work is. Again, best wishes,best everything.

smoke and prayers up , your old man is lucky to have you and you are lucky to have him-- may the spirits allow you both many years more together in these bodies.

Back