Snarktoberfest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll use the whey from a batch of labneh to make bread -- kind of a cheater sourdough.
I need to do that. We have used it to "jump start" sauerkraut, ferment grains for the chickens, or fed it strait to the chickens. They drink it down like it's going out of style.

Gorgeous! I wish we had fall colors here.

I grew up in Missouri, so had that when I was young. Here in Texas, it's pretty much strait from green to brown, then vice versa. Every once in a while we'll have rain at the right time of year to keep the leaves on long enough to get color, but not as often as I'd like.

I grew up in Missouri, so had that when I was young. Here in Texas, it's pretty much strait from green to brown, then vice versa. Every once in a while we'll have rain at the right time of year to keep the leaves on long enough to get color, but not as often as I'd like.
Just returned from Missouri. Much of the foliage is beautiful.

also, true confessions time... I've used my Moses bowie in the kitchen to break up large chunks of frozen chicken or pork 5 times more often than I've used it for something cool like defending myself from marauding pumas or batonning kindling.

also, true confessions time... I've used my Moses bowie in the kitchen to break up large chunks of frozen chicken or pork 5 times more often than I've used it for something cool like defending myself from marauding pumas or batonning kindling.

I have a BK5 that gets used for this.

I have a BK5 that gets used for this.
I was so close to transitioning my BK5 to a kitchen knife, but ultimately chose to find it a home where it would get used a lot more than we would. You should see my Becker kitchen knives, my family have beat the living hell out of those things. The chef's knife has a broken tip and two large dings that I can guarantee you I didn't put there.

Now that I type all that, I realize my mistake in selling the BK5. Fooey.

I was so close to transitioning my BK5 to a kitchen knife, but ultimately chose to find it a home where it would get used a lot more than we would. You should see my Becker kitchen knives, my family have beat the living hell out of those things. The chef's knife has a broken tip and two large dings that I can guarantee you I didn't put there.

Now that I type all that, I realize my mistake in selling the BK5. Fooey.

Ahh What the hell BRL. I'll send ya a stripped but good shape Bk5 for your beat up Warthog. Ain't got one of those yet. PM me if ya like

I tawt I taw a Goat!? Whudderyadoin' in 29 stumps? They ain't nothin' there but snakes, scorpions and jarheads.
They are Nubian dairy goats btw, five of them registered purebred (one is infertile, so she's not registered). So they have names and will live for many years. We did meet with a vet last week and he mentioned discussed options for extra bucks as part of herd management. If the genetics are just "so-so" and you can't find a buyer, he said you could eat him (slaughter house is expensive though) or euthanize shortly after birth. Later in the week, my organization had our annual picnic out at the lake and I met my boss' parents (she is an Army Major from Jamaica). Her parent live with her, and he mentioned he would love to get a young "billy" to cook. Looks like he'll be invited over to help butcher any extra bucks next spring...

Didn't see any snakes or scorpions, but did see quite a few jarheads. I was helping one of our young engineers get ready to do some testing of the Joint Light Tactical Vehicle (JLTV), Army/USMC replacement for the Humvee. The big excitement was a flash flood the night before we left which closed the main road to I-10. Joshua Tree National Park is somewhat surreal at 2 AM with no moon and going 65 mph when you are trying to get to the airport...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back