Sneak Peek At The New Busse Custom Shop Bowie Knife! ! ! ! ! . . . .

Jerry Busse

Named for both its obvious lineage to the Battle Mistress and the Pappy VanWinkle I had in my glass when we chose this as our first project for the new Custom Shop Line. . .

The Busse Custom Shop is proud to introduce the "Battle Pappy".

The Battle Pappy has a Coffin shaped handle cut from a single block of approx. 1" thick canvas micarta. It also features a full-height flat grind, full-length hidden tang, and two lash down holes in the guard!!! :thumbup:

Let's Drink!!! :thumbup:

Jerry :D

Battle Pappy Specs.

Blade Steel: INFI 58-60 Rc
Blade Thickness: .320"
Blade Length: 9 3/4"
Overall Length: 15"
Design: Full length hidden tang.
Guard Material: INFI 58-60 Rc
Handle: 1 Piece Canvas Micarta

BCSBattlePappy2.jpg

BCSBattlePappy3.jpg

Last edited:
I love it:thumbup::cool:

Seriously great looking knife. Probably well beyond my price range, but honestly, that's a winner.

Stop the insanity. All I can think of these days is my debt and the NEED for more BIG busses. Not a very good combo.

Oh, No you didn't !!!!!!

Love it. Love it.

I would only change one thing if I was ordering one as a custom.........Shorten the front guard, so when I make it my kitchen knife, prepping veggies and such is easier (edge further down than the guard).

Did I mention that absolutely rocks!!!!!!!!

What is the price point on these bad boys???

However are you sculpting the micarta? That is fantastic! Seriously! I've never seen micarta or any other handle material sculpted with that kind of artistry and precision!

I've never really been a fan of Bowie's but this one I like! How is the micarta secured to the tang? I don't see a through-pin :confused:.

Very cool!!!! :eek::eek:

Love the one piece handle!!!
:D:thumbup:

And .32 thick?! Jim would be mystified by this hunk o' INFI!

Back