Sneaky Pete Handle Comfort

I don't own a Sneaky Pete but I've held one and man is it comfortable. Is there any other Fiddleback knives that is as comfortable or more comfortable to hold than the Sneaky Pete? Please share your experience.

All of Andy's knives are comfortable and design with ergonomics and fit in mind...but, in my opinion, of all the Fiddlebacks I've held, nothing has the feel of a sneaky pete.

I love the Sneaky handle, the Asp is a slightly slimmer version of the same profile.

I'm in the same boat, I've handled a sneaky pete but do not own 1. I've really wanted 1 for a little while now

Here is an Asp on top of a Sneaky Pete. The Asp is similar in shape, but not as tall in handle or blade height. Note: The Sneaky Pete in these photos is the older style handle before Andy started adding the chamfer on the back end of the handle similar to the one shown on the Asp.

I prefer the handle height on the Sneaky Pete for my uses and medium hand size. I sold the Asp a while ago. YMMV.

Phil

A friend at work has an asp, very comfortable in the hand. Only one in that style I have held.
Have a side by side of the asp and sneaky Pete overall? Not sure I have seen a comparison.

Here is an Asp on top of a Sneaky Pete. The Asp is similar in shape, but not as tall in handle or blade height. Note: The Sneaky Pete in these photos is the older style handle before Andy started adding the chamfer on the back end of the handle similar to the one shown on the Asp.

I prefer the handle height on the Sneaky Pete for my uses and medium hand size. I sold the Asp a while ago. YMMV.

Phil

Nice comparison. Looks like the Sneaky Pete is wider.

Andy has described the feel of the Sneaky Pete handle as a that of a "hand shake". The best way to compare the Asp to the Sneaky Pete is to say that when you hold a SP you are shaking another man's hand. With the Asp, you feel like you're shaking a woman's hand. Both are very comfortable with excellent ergos.

aside from the depth/height of the blade and handle they are very close in length? Little tough to make out in these pics.

Andy has described the feel of the Sneaky Pete handle as a that of a "hand shake". The best way to compare the Asp to the Sneaky Pete is to say that when you hold a SP you are shaking another man's hand. With the Asp, you feel like you're shaking a woman's hand. Both are very comfortable with excellent ergos.

So both are like a hand shake, interesting. I'll probably end up getting both but that Sneaky Pete, man that is the definition of comfortable.

A friend at work has an asp, very comfortable in the hand. Only one in that style I have held.
Have a side by side of the asp and sneaky Pete overall? Not sure I have seen a comparison.

aside from the depth/height of the blade and handle they are very close in length? Little tough to make out in these pics.

I don't have a back to back photo on file for these two knives. You can find all the measurement specs on these two knives by scrolling down the page on this link:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...ang-Types-Steel-Thicknesses-amp-Weights/page4

That's a great analogy Peter. :thumbup:

Both the asp and sneaky have been longtime favorites of mine. While Phil has already got the mail on the head with all of the specs, I dug up few more old photos of mine with both sneakies and asps as reference. Sorry in advance for the crappy & random pics ;)

IMG_20140222_002842_zpssdzljbk5.jpg

IMG_20140528_174339833_zps3tkytpjk.jpg

IMG_20140528_174412042_zpstofeuxrt.jpg

IMG_20140528_174400445_zpsmeqxuyyt.jpg

I do love Andy's Sneaky Pete! I resisted because of the non traditional styling, but one I tried one, I was hooked. HOOKED!

Big sneaky

LOL. Same handle. Good call!

So both are like a hand shake, interesting. I'll probably end up getting both but that Sneaky Pete, man that is the definition of comfortable.

Definitely the Sneaky Pete is the most comfortable knife handle I've ever held. Not trying to brag, or prop myself up, and I hope y'all know I don't hold myself high in regard among other knifemakers, but I've never held any tool as comfortable to hold as the Sneaky Pete.

Back