Sneaky Pete Handle Comfort

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by GRENHOP, Jan 6, 2016.

1. GRENHOP

GRENHOP

May 20, 2015
    I don't own a Sneaky Pete but I've held one and man is it comfortable. Is there any other Fiddleback knives that is as comfortable or more comfortable to hold than the Sneaky Pete? Please share your experience.

2. ttowntrader

ttowntrader

Aug 20, 2013
    All of Andy's knives are comfortable and design with ergonomics and fit in mind...but, in my opinion, of all the Fiddlebacks I've held, nothing has the feel of a sneaky pete.

3. bear71

bear71

Jun 17, 2013
    I love the Sneaky handle, the Asp is a slightly slimmer version of the same profile.

4. xxkcxx

xxkcxx

Nov 12, 2013
    Big sneaky

5. jwillmot

jwillmot

Jun 24, 2015
    I'm in the same boat, I've handled a sneaky pete but do not own 1. I've really wanted 1 for a little while now

6. GRENHOP

GRENHOP

May 20, 2015
    Yeah, from pictures I've seen the Asp does look similar to the Sneaky Pete handle.

7. Comprehensivist

Comprehensivist Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Here is an Asp on top of a Sneaky Pete. The Asp is similar in shape, but not as tall in handle or blade height. Note: The Sneaky Pete in these photos is the older style handle before Andy started adding the chamfer on the back end of the handle similar to the one shown on the Asp.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I prefer the handle height on the Sneaky Pete for my uses and medium hand size. I sold the Asp a while ago. YMMV.

Phil

8. Dman3d

Dman3d

Jul 9, 2013
    A friend at work has an asp, very comfortable in the hand. Only one in that style I have held.
    Have a side by side of the asp and sneaky Pete overall? Not sure I have seen a comparison.

9. GRENHOP

GRENHOP

May 20, 2015
    Nice comparison. Looks like the Sneaky Pete is wider.

10. prom52

prom52 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 13, 2014
    Andy has described the feel of the Sneaky Pete handle as a that of a "hand shake". The best way to compare the Asp to the Sneaky Pete is to say that when you hold a SP you are shaking another man's hand. With the Asp, you feel like you're shaking a woman's hand. Both are very comfortable with excellent ergos.

11. Dman3d

Dman3d

Jul 9, 2013
    aside from the depth/height of the blade and handle they are very close in length? Little tough to make out in these pics.

12. GRENHOP

GRENHOP

May 20, 2015
    So both are like a hand shake, interesting. I'll probably end up getting both but that Sneaky Pete, man that is the definition of comfortable.

13. VANCE

VANCE Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Gold Member

Mar 13, 2006
    terrific idea!

14. Comprehensivist

Comprehensivist Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 23, 2008
    I don't have a back to back photo on file for these two knives. You can find all the measurement specs on these two knives by scrolling down the page on this link:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...ang-Types-Steel-Thicknesses-amp-Weights/page4

That's a great analogy Peter. :thumbup:

15. dogbone11

dogbone11

Dec 10, 2015
    Unfortunately there have been few Asps and even fewer SPs come out on Fiddleback Fridays lately. I'd like to grab either!

16. xxwjtxx

xxwjtxx

Dec 13, 2013
    Both the asp and sneaky have been longtime favorites of mine. While Phil has already got the mail on the head with all of the specs, I dug up few more old photos of mine with both sneakies and asps as reference. Sorry in advance for the crappy & random pics ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. a2vg1095

a2vg1095 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 15, 2013
    Sneaky Pete Family pic

[​IMG]

18. willic

willic Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2013
    I do love Andy's Sneaky Pete! I resisted because of the non traditional styling, but one I tried one, I was hooked. HOOKED!

19. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    LOL. Same handle. Good call!

Definitely the Sneaky Pete is the most comfortable knife handle I've ever held. Not trying to brag, or prop myself up, and I hope y'all know I don't hold myself high in regard among other knifemakers, but I've never held any tool as comfortable to hold as the Sneaky Pete.